a new adventure

The rain poured down and Estella shot back a small glass of bourbon, the liquor burning her throat

The rain poured down and Estella shot back a small glass of bourbon, the liquor burning her throat. Barely even noticing the glass fall to the ground and shatter, she sighed in annoyance. She leaned against the dry side of a warehouse, watching the hordes of excited male soldiers rejoicing in heading home. But Estella was not rejoicing. Instead she was mourning, mourning the life she would be forced to leave behind.

Luck had been on her side when she had applied for the army and her file had accidentally printed 'Estel Moran'. Her entire family thought she was stupid for applying to the army; women were not allowed to fight. But in the mishap of printing, they accepted her (thinking she was a man). Once she showed up, it was way too late to turn back.

Now that the US had withdrawn from Vietnam and were making pacifistic attempts to end the war, Estella would be forced to return back home. She put off the thought of returning to Alabama for a while, choosing instead to focus on cementing her role in the army. She was one of their strongest and smartest fighters. She was skilled in many different aspects of war, hand to hand combat being her favourite. Estella was well respected and so close to being named lieutenant before the ending of the war.

She was so entranced by her depressing thoughts she didn't notice Slivko and his group of friends advancing towards her.

"Come on Moran, cheer up a bit!" Slivko cheered and slung his arm around the slim girl's shoulders, "We get to go home!"

Estella snorted and shrugged his arm off. She couldn't roll her eyes further back into her head.

"Just because you've let go of the war doesn't mean others have," Estella shot back.

Slivko pinched her cheek and pouted his lips.

"Aww poor baby Moran," Slivko whined and yanked at her cheek.

Estella slapped away his intruding hands and elbowed him hardly in the ribs. He hunched over and grasped his aching side. Estella stood over him in triumph and smiled a sly grin. She would never admit it but the small group of idiots always seemed to brighten her day, even in the pouring rain.

"Soldiers!"

The group of soaked soldiers straightened up at the appearance of Colonel Packard. His boots still managed to click authoritatively above the loud rain. He strode over to them with a small smile.

"Whose ready for an adventure?"

SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS STORY!

I watched Kong: Skull Island a couple of weeks ago and my grandmother informed me I should date a guy like Tom Hiddleston so a fanfiction was born. It was so good and if you haven't seen it, you're seriously missing out.

-Em ;)