Chapter 18- Colleen

Start from the beginning

"Of course they do." Michael ensured. "But can you really blame them for not trusting you completely?" He continued. Clint sighed, hanging his. "The last time they did. . ."

"Can you guys stop bringing that up?" He whispered. "I'm really sorry about walking out on you four." I bit my lip.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Jessie started. The three of us looked to her. "You two knew Hawkeye?!" Jessie practically screamed. I tossed it around in my head for a while.

"I wouldn't say knew him." I declared. "It's a long story that I think all of us just want to put behind us." She nodded as she grabbed the t.v remote. Jessie was about to turn it on when the door slammed open and footsteps were heard coming into the house. We all turned to face the intruder; it was a young woman with light brown hair with hazel eyes. My eyes widened as I swung my legs down onto the floor and stood up. Michael, Johnny, and Clint soon followed. Maximoff locked eyes with me and smirked. Two daggers appeared in my hands via magic. "Robin, Jessica, get behind me." I whispered. They carefully got up and stayed behind the three of us. "Alright, now try to get to the garage. We'll keep you safe." I promised.

"But Colleen-" Jessica started. I shook my head discretely.

"No, Jessica. Do as I say." I cut her off. "We'll be right behind you." She nodded before grabbing Robin's arm and starting for the garage. "Johnny, we might need you to flame on." He nodded before doing what I needed him to do. Michael called the hammer to his hand and swung it around a few times, getting used to the new weight in his hand. I threw my hand up slightly and a bow and quiver appeared slung across his back. He nodded in thanks. Wanda took a step forward, my hands shooting up and preparing to throw the daggers at her. Her smirk widened.

"I see the oldest daughter of Stark survived the car crash." She declared. I scowled as Michael got ready to throw the hammer and Clint prepared an arrow. "Do anything and I'll bring this house down with me." I glanced to Michael who gave a small, stiff nod.

"We'll take our chances." I declared, throwing one of the daggers square at her forehead. She chuckled and stopped it with her powers. Clint shot an arrow; it landing a few inches away from her. Maximoff looked to it before raising an eyebrow.

"The famous Hawkeye never misses." She stated. Clint nodded. "But you just did." He shook his head with a smile.

"Is it really classified as missing if that was my target all along?" He asked right before the arrow detonated, sending her flying. I smirked, jumping over the couch to get closer to her. Johnny flew up, his hands at the ready to shot fireballs at her. Maximoff stood up shakily but smirking. Dark red tendrils slithered across the floor before wrapping around Michael. My eyes widened slightly as they started tightening. Michael started squirming around, trying to get out of her grasp.

"I lost my twin brother once because of Stark." She stated. "Now I'll let him know what that feels like." Michael stopped wriggling around as his skin paled drastically; there was a tendril wrapped around his throat that was choking him. Everything around me slowed when they let go of him, his seemingly lifeless body hitting the floor.

"NO!" I screamed, letting out a burst of power around me that knocked her off her feet. Johnny show a few fireballs at her just to keep her down as I ran over to my brother on the floor. Tears blurred my vision as I stroked his cheek.

"We have to get him to a hospital." Clint told me even though the world around me sounded muffled. "Johnny and I can hold her off." I nodded, standing up shakily and grabbing Michael before running us to the garage. Frantically, I looked around the garage for something quick to get us to mom and dad. I was too panicked to think logically so I kept coming up short. Jessica and Robin kept asking about what happened but I paid them no attention.