Chapter 2: FIRE!

Jess's P.O.V
I raced down, the others right behind me with swords out. Petra and I let out war cries. When my brother and his friends turned to see us, I doubt I'd ever seen such a happy look on his face. I slammed right into one zombie and took him out after after a couple swings. Then one hit me from behind and I stumbled forward. Then I growled and thrust my sword back, hitting the zombie's exposed neck. It died and I dodged out of the of Axel's tnt blast. It lowered the zombies' health points and it was a matter of time before they all were gone. And I'm not kidding when I say the second all the zombies were gone, Jesse engulfed me in a hug. I hugged him back as he said "your growing up too fast." I rolled my eyes and we broke the hug to see Jesse's friends staring at us.  I crossed my arms and introduced my friends. After that, a young girl with long rainbow hair walked up to me.
"Nice too meet you!" She spoke softly. "I'm Ellie." "Nice to meet you too." I smiled. After that more people came up to me. A girl with longish-short black hair came up to me. "I'm Melody, nice to meet you." It was then I noticed the green highlights in her hair. A guy with with short blond hair introduced himself as Arrow.  A black haired guy introduced himself as Shadow. I could see why, he was all decked out in black, even his eyes were black! A younger one with red-ish seeming hair came and said his name was Damian. Then came a short brown haired boy and said his name was Jay. And another girl with long brown hair said her name was Amanda.
"Wow there's alot of you. If I mix up your names sorry!" I said, earning a few laughs here and there.
"Well there's two more people you guys haven't met yet." Jesse said.
"Oh?"
"Ya, we're heading back to base anyway, do you guys want to tag along?" I looked at the others and we came to a silent agreement.
"Sure!" "We'd love to!" "Let's go!" "Adventure!" (Bet you can guess who said that.) We started following Melody who seemed to be leading the way. The others went on ahead while I talked to my brother.
"So, that's the guy that..." I didn't have to finish my sentence before Jesse nodded. "We've been tracking him for weeks. The others were experimented on by him, now they have powers so they'll help us take him down." I widened my eyes. "Is that even possible to have powers?!" I hissed. "Apparently! Melody can shape-shift, Ellie controls the elements, which is what her name is short for anyway. Arrow has enhanced senses, Shadow creates force fields, Damian can mind read and hack, Jay can do anything relating to music, and Amanda can control plants, animals, and occasionally  humans. She can also talk to animals." I blinked so many times my eyes hurt. "The the ones we haven't met yet?" "Staza has telekinesis, he can summon spears and he can freeze someone." "Ice freeze or just stop someone from moving freeze?" "Stop someone from moving. And when I'm not around Echo is leader. He can copy another's power, teleport, fly and shadow travel, sometimes with others." He saw the puzzled look on my face when he said shadow travel.
"Shadow traveling is when you can travel through the shadows. It doesn't take alot of energy, so Echo can go through the shadows if he can't teleport." I nodded and looked at Jesse's friends. "So did you get his name?" "Ya but, seeing as how we're all in this together, let's wait till we get to headquarters to talk so everyone knows. That was you can tell me what you've been up too." I nodded and gave a silent breath of relief,  he didn't ask about Ruebun. When Melody slowed down, their base came into view, and man was it hidden! At first we didn't see it, but when Jesse pointed it out, MIND BLOWN. It was a tree house it looked like any other tree, but no! Jesse climbed up first, then me, the gang, and Jesse's friends. The inside was even bigger! How did they even manage to do this?!
"Just in time too, the sun's just gone down." a new voice said. I turned around to see a tall man with short black hair and green eyes staring at us. "Who're the new greenies?" (If you get this reference your my best friend.) "This is my sister Jess and her gang, Echo." Jesse crossed his arms and watched Echo. He nodded and walked towards us and stuck out his hand. I shook it and said "Who's that?" Referring to the person in a cloak standing were Echo previously was. 
"He's Staza. Don't ask him to take off his cloak he never does." I nodded before he waved. I waved back and turned to Jesse. Getting the hint Jesse started explaining. "His name is Entity 303, calls himself Entity. He's been try to destroy this world alot and we've always stopped him. For the past week though, he's gotten stronger somehow and it's been harder to stop him. If you guys hadn't come when you did, we'd be dead. Speaking of which, how did you here anyway?" I silently debated if they should know about the portal hallway and the enchanted flint n' steel.
"You should really be thanking Ivor, if he hadn't taken off the flint and steel, we wouldn't be here now." "Wait you know about the enchanted flint and steel?!" Melody exclamed, though they all looked shocked. I nodded and brought it out
"We've adventure some with them. You have no idea how many crazy worlds are out there." "Adventures? Do tell!" Ellie said excitely. So we told them about the wither storm first, then sky city, then the murder mansion, then PAMA the deranged super computer, and lastly about the old builders.
"Well my sis has definitely kept her sense of adventure." I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile.
"So let me get this straight," Melody said, " you destroyed three wither storms which is technically nine heads, you got stuck in a sky city until you found there was land below and the city in the sky got over run with monsters, you found the portal hallway is considered a MYTH here, you went to a murder mansion with some crazy person killing people to get a flint n' steel, you then went to a Mesa and killed a super computer making people 'useful' and then you went to the old builders world and beat them?!" I nodded. "Pretty much." "And this whole time we've been doing nothing but hunting down a weirdo who's wrong in the head and trying to stay alive. Ok you guys are officially cooler then us." "Well I don't know about that, this place is pretty cool." "Ya right, I be you have an amazing home in your world." Amanda said rather quietly. We shook our heads and told her what we were like before we took on the wither storm. They still couldn't believe it. Jay disappeared into the kitchen and came back with baked potatoes.
"After you guys eat, we'll find you a place to sleep." We all nodded and ate the potatoes before being led to a separate area. It had beds all over and chests beside them.
"Go ahead and pick a bed, we're in the next room over." Ellie said kindly before walking out. So we did, but the others fell asleep way before me. It was weird knowing the person who killed our parents was that close and in the same world. I know I'm not usually merciless, but I'm going to make 'Entity 303' pay. He's going to regret ever killing my parents. Knowing I'd get payback, I finally fell asleep.

I was still in a daze as I woke slightly to the smell of smoke. Thinking it was breakfast burning I turned over before I noticed the others were gone. I whipped my head up and saw the flames of a fire surrounding me.

Petra's P.O.V
I hurried out the down the ladder, the others climbing down after me. The flames licked at our armor but couldn't break them. We were about to run away when Jesse yelled "Were is Jess?" I looked around but couldn't spot her. I heard a faint cry for help coming from above.
"She's still up there!" I yelled.
"You guys go," Ellie looked up, "I can control the fire long enough for me to get her, get to safety we'll find you!" We nodded and took off running, trusting her to get Jess.

Ellie's P.O.V
I hope Jess is ok! I climbed up the ladder again and ran to the guest room as fast as I could to see it aflame. I started my chant that always helped me when slightly panicked so I could control the fire better.
"I am one with the earth and sky, I am one with fire and ice." I repeated it a few more times before getting an opening in the flames. I saw Jess passed out on the floor from trying to get out. I ran and grabbed her, holding her on my back, but even if I could control the flames and blow the smoke away, the tree was burnt enough that I'd fall especially with Jess's added weight making me go slower. That's when I felt Jess's weight lift from my shoulders. I looked up and saw Arrow holding Jess bridal style.
"I got her, you focus on the flames." I gave him a grateful smile and nodded. I held out my arms and focused on moving the flames and created stairs from the rocks below. We hurried out before the tree exploded, most likely hitting our hidden tnt supply. We all three rolled on the ground and looked at what remained of our home and shelter. Nothing but black ash. I gave a small, sad sigh before hearing Jess cough and groan. I crawled over to her to see her green eyes open.
"Ugh, what happened." She sat up holding her head.
"There was a fire." I said simply. She whipped around to see our tree house burnt to nothing. But something caught her eye.
"What's that?" She pointed to where the ladder would have been. And there stood a sign. Already recovered and on her feet Jess went over and read it, and gasped when she finished.
"What?!" Me and Arrow exclaimed running over. When we read it we couldn't breathe. The sign read
"You shouldn't have come now you will all regret it. Have fun, and try to die.
-Entity."

Whoooooooo! 1852 words not including this author's note! So, if your one of my first readers, you'll most likely notice that I'm completely rewriting some of my books and I'm writing longer, soooooo ya. Anyway, how's the story coming along so far? I already have ideas for a second and third book, but I give away nothing cause I'm evil. And yes I'm already thinking ahead for the future, but with how lazy I am and such, I don't really see that happening. And since it's summer where I am, I will update this every two days if I get off my butt and stop being lazy. And Jesse's new 'friends' are my OC's and I will need some OC's in the future so feel free to ask if yours can go in the story and I'll put who's I'm adding and I think that's it! And yes I'm already doing the third chapter so you guys only have to wait a few days. Cya all!