5

Bella

2 weeks later

2 weeks later.

"So is there a way I could be his guardian? Could I adopt him?" I asked Ka'shad's social worker.

My life has been hectic. I found out a week ago, that Mrs. Tanya was ka'shad's foster mother. That day that she didn't pick ka'shad up, the neighbors called the police on her because it was a lot of shit going on at her house.

When the ambulance got there, she was found dead.

They immediately took shad away from me and I've been feeling horrible ever since.

"Mrs. De'voe, I'm doing the best I can. We have to go through a lot to start this adoption process. For now, I will try to pull some strings so you could be his temporary guardian." She responded, smiling at me.

"Thank you so much Mrs. McGyver! I appreciate you so much!"

"No problem honey, I'll see you next Friday." She said as I walked out of her office.

---

Abdul

"That girl keeps calling here

"That girl keeps calling here." My Abuela spoke out to me as soon as I walked in the door.

Kairi has been staying here, while I'm out working since her daycare has been temporarily closed for awhile.

"What she want now?" I responded huffing. I already know who she talking about and honestly, I don't feel like talking about her right now.

"Aub you know exactly what she wants. I told you to take her to court to get full custody of my grandchild but you never listen. Giving her money every time she threatens to take Kairi from you is stupid! you don't owe her shit." She fussed.

I rubbed my temples wincing slightly. Feeling a headache coming on, I changed the subject. "Ma you got some Advil or something?"

She smacked her lips, "it's in the cabinet! We will talk about this later."

I nodded my head and walked to the bathroom.

"Guess what I dreamed of last night aub." She said as I came back to the living room.

"What?" I laughed out, seeing her smile from ear to ear.

"FISHES!" She semi-yelled out to me. Jumping up and down. "Is there something you got to tell me? Do I have another grandbaby on the way?"

I laughed out loud at her. "Maaaaa chill. Ain't no babies coming no time soon. The next girl I have a baby by, I'm marrying her. Believe that."

"Yeah okay. I love y'all. Call me when y'all get home."

---

BELLA

"Bout time you opened this door bitch, it's cold as fuck outside." Sunny complained as she walked inside my house.

"Girl shut up, "I sassed back. "What you brought me to eat?"

"Sweet and sour chicken and shrimp fried rice. Your favorite obviously."

I quickly grabbed my food and sat down so I could eat. She looked at me weirdly and sat down too.

"You ight?" She said.

I looked at her weirdly, "I'm fine."

She nodded at me, "Anyways girl, when are you gonna open your daycare back up? I know Ms. Tanya and the shad situation took a toll
on you bu-"

I covered my mouth and quickly ran to the bathroom. I felt like I was dying, I ain't never threw up so much.

"How the hell I get the stomach flu?" I thought in my head.

Sunny rubbed my back and helped me get up. I was feeling a little weak since I practically threw up everything I ate today.

"Are you sure you're okay boo? You wanna go to the hospital?"

I shook my head no, "It's like 11: something. I really don't feel like it." 

"Well I'm spending the night I'm worried about you."

I said okay and walked to my room, shutting my door. I felt awful and I really just wanted to sleep.

---

The next update will be longer. I've been getting a lot of love on this book lately so I felt I should publish this short lil chapter.

Thank you guys so much. 🖤🖤