When you love, you love

Warning: Content might contain potential triggers; this is a full chapter! Please e-mail me if you have trouble finding this story on AnyStories/AnyBooks and/or if you have an iPhone.

=======

"Drop it," Seth snapped.

So the sexily licking chocolate didn't seem to work with getting Seth out of his foul mood.

"Seth—"

The bathroom door slammed and I flinched as the walls shook from the impact. I swiveled, with the help of the socks I'd slipped on after I changed out of my Cinderella dress, and pursed my lips at Ethan who simply shrugged.

"Once he's cooled down—maybe we can talk about it then. I told you he wouldn't want to talk about it now, Cass. You gotta stop being so pushy!"

I bit my lip and glanced down at my intertwined hands. If I didn't keep my hands clutched together I'd start picking at things: my cuticles, my shirt, the crooked picture on Ethan's wall. I had forced the topic even after Ethan's warning, but if Seth hadn't been so downright rude to Anna and Maddox I might have let it slide.

"Should I go home?" I asked, softer and more vulnerable sounding than I would've liked, even if it was to Ethan.

Ethan closed the distance between us and his arm shot out. He cupped the back of my neck and leaned in closely. "No. You should not. He'll get over it and if he can't we will talk about it, eventually." He kissed my nose and pulled back just as quickly with a contemplative look crossing his face. "Are you sure surrogacy is something you want to do?"

I thought about it. Before he'd even vocalized the question out loud, I'd thought about it. And I let myself play over the question again. Did I want this? It was too important of a question to not think about it more, but I slowly nodded after a minute. "You already know I'm going through the counseling right now and I know the risks."

His thumb caressed the curve of my cheek. "What about emotional attachment? I know you, Cassie."

I frowned and pulled my head back a little bit, but he applied enough pressure to let me know he wasn't letting go. "What does that mean? I'm not an emotional loon!"

"I didn't mean that. I meant..." He trailed off and smiled gently down at me. He brushed his free hand through my hair and added, "that when you love you love. You love hard and when you get hurt by it, you break down even harder."

"You repeated yourself. And who doesn't break down from a lost love?"

Ethan chuckled and dropped his forehead to mine. "You love with your whole heart and once you love them, you always will, no matter what they've done to you."

Rolling my eyes, I scoffed at him, wishing I could stop the flush to my cheeks. He was closer than he was before now, with his forehead touching mine, and I had trouble thinking of anything else other than his lips against mine but I couldn't stand for such nonsense. "That's not true! Why are you being so weird?" I mumbled the question, and then rolled my eyes and placed my hands on his chest, turning my face up to his. "Are you gonna kiss me or not?"