Glitter

I clutched Seth's tux jacket tightly around me and raised an eyebrow as Ethan held the door to the restaurant open for me. "What's up?" I asked.

Ethan's boyish smile slipped off his face. "What do you mean?"

"Why are you holding the door open for me? You've never done that before."

"Things are different now."

I bit my lip to keep from frowning. "How different? Different enough that we can't share our secrets or binge watch Grey's?"

Ethan bowed his head before shooting me an amused glance. "Of course we can still do those things. It's—" he paused and shrugged his shoulders. "We're not just best friends anymore." He finished with a sweep of his arm, gesturing me forward.

I gave him an appreciative nod and walked through the door, turning to wait for them. I smiled as Ethan waited for Seth to follow me and bit my lip as Ethan's hand settled on the small of Seth's back. For someone who still claimed to be 'in the closet' about his sexuality, he was sure to open with it here. I found myself wondering if even realized it. I could tell Seth had because the reddish glow on his cheeks and the twinkle in his delicious green eyes wasn't because of the change in temperature.

Turning my attention to the greeter I frowned as I finally allowed myself a look around. Instantly, my senses were assaulted with clinking wine glasses, the mouth-watering smell of high-class food... super high, stuff I'd never even heard of super high. I knew we were going someplace high end and classy cause of clothing, but this... this was extreme. I didn't even want to look at the menu.

My shoulders stiffened as Seth nudged me forward. "Ethan, this is a rich people restaurant!"

Seth frowned and scratched the back of his neck. "What's a rich people restaurant?"

Swiveling around, I glared. "Oh come on, my fellow wrong-side-of-the-track-kid. You know what I mean!"

"Um-"

"Cassie, don't be difficult," Ethan mumbled. "This is where I wanted to take my boyfriend and my girlfriend on a date to. The food is wonderful and best of all you won't be able to complain about the price because there aren't any on the menu."

Which meant one meal was hella expensive!

Ethan's hands landed on my shoulders and he smoothed his fingers down the arm of the jacket he'd placed around my shoulders and he pulled it off me. I twirled, letting the arms of the tux slip off me. The fabric grazing my skin and the scent of Seth as Ethan pulled it off sent chills up my arms. "I'm not being difficult! They just eat weird."

Seth held in a choking laugh, his sparkling green eyes wide with amusement. "How do they eat?" he asked.

Ethan shook his head at Seth. "Please don't encourage her." His mumble so low I doubted Seth even heard him.

"You know, they have to use those tong things for corn on the cob. I mean is it so hard to just pick it up with your hands? And don't even get me started on the pinky thing—are we walking or stopping?"

"What? You lost me. I'm back at that 'pinky thing'. There's a 'pinky thing'? What's that?" Seth asked.

"Ethan? You know about that pinky thing I'm talking about. Remember we used to make fun of your parents' friends? It can't have surprised you enough to make you stop. And they talk like this 'Daawling'. I mean-" I paused and frowned up at Ethan as he remained facing towards me, not moving. Snapping my fingers in front of his eyes did nothing.

----

A little snippet of this chapter! You can find the full completed version on Anybooks/Anystories App!!