22

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked me when he opened his dorm.

"Can we talk?" I asked him, my voice soft so he could know I wasn't there to fight, "Is Calum here?"

"He went on a date with Payton," he told me, "What is it you want to talk about?"

"Me and Ashton," I sighed, "I feel like you deserve an explanation."

I knew he didn't deserve anything, but if I walked in on him kissing another girl, I'd want to know what happened too, it was only fair that I explain myself.

"We already talked about this," he answered, his voice monotone.

"Actually I tried to talk and you barely let me. You told me that if I wanted to get with someone, I could do better than Ashton and then you told me you didn't want to hear anything. So I left."

He moved aside, letting me know it was okay to come in but didn't say a word to me.

I walked in and sat down on his bed while he took a seat on the bean bag him that Calum had in their room, "Go ahead."

"I'm sure you know about the whole Xavier, Cassidy, and Ashton situation," I sighed.

"Every one knows about that situation except the only person who should," he replied, looking sorry for Xavier.

"Well Cass was talking to me about it, telling me how she felt and stuff. Afterwards, Ashton came into the room and asked me if she had said anything about him and when I told him what she did say, he was really hurt. He kissed me after as a way to get her back and that's what you guys saw."

He was silent for a little, like he was thinking about whether or not he should believe me. He got up, still silent and walked to the mini fridge in the dorm.

"Luke was really mad," he said, grabbing a soda, "Want one?"

"No, I'm okay thanks," I shook my head.

"He was pissed," Michael said, taking a sip of the soda in his hand, "Like almost as pissed as I was."

"He still is," I admitted, "I mean he talks to me and stuff, but it's not like, the same as it usually is. There's a lot of awkward silences between us and we seem to run out of things to talk about, like our friendship is fading away and I don't want that."

"Have you talked to him about it?" he asked me, which I thought was strange since I knew him and Luke weren't really friends.

"No, I don't know how I'm supposed to bring it up. What if I'm just overreacting?"

"Well just talk to him about it, if he says nothing is wrong great, if something is then you guys can talk about it."

I nodded, "Yeah, you're right."

"You like him," Michael said, "I know you do because you feel bad about kissing Ashton."

"That doesn't mean I like him, I just know he didn't like that," I tried to make excuses, but at that point I knew that wasn't true.

I did have feelings for Luke, I just wasn't sure if it was just a crush or something much bigger than that. If it was the latter, the idea scared the hell out of me. I was afraid to love someone after the heartbreak that I went through with Michael.

"Rose, I know I've been well, not the nicest towards him, but if he makes you happy," he paused, "Then maybe you should be with him."

My pulse started beating faster and faster, "You mean that?"

It was extremely shocking to hear Michael tell me something like that. He was such a jealous person and he clearly didn't like Luke.

He took a deep breath in, like the deep breaths you take in when you don't want to cry.