8

The knocking on my door woke me up, I thought maybe I had overslept but in reality it was barely eight-thirty in the morning. Who was knocking at my door so early? I had no idea, but whoever it was, was sure to get a handful from me.

I thought it was Luke, until I saw Calum standing at the door. I peeked to his left and right to make sure Michael wasn't with him before I let him inside my room.

"What are you doing here at eight-thirty in the morning?" I rubbed my eyes, "I was asleep."

"Yeah, I can tell," he laughed, taking a seat on my bed. We looked over to the other side of the room, where Payton clutched at her second pillow tightly. She always slept with two pillows, one for her head, and the other for her to cuddle.

Calum chuckled, "She's so cute."

"Why are you here?" I rolled my eyes, annoyed at the fact that he had woken me up. I wished I was a heavy sleeper sometimes, like Payton.

"Are you going to the rave?" he asked me quietly. He really didn't have to whisper, if Payton slept through him pounding on the door like that, him talking wasn't going to wake her up from her slumber.

"What rave?" I asked.

"The one thrown for the kids who don't go home Thanksgiving," Calum chuckled, "It's every year, we definitely have to go."

"A rave sounds fun," I admitted, but then I shook my head, "But I don't have any business going."

"Neither does half the student body," Calum rolled his eyes, "C'mon, it'll be so fun. We've literally been studying our asses off for quizzes and tests, we need to live a little. This is college, we can't be cooped up in our rooms all the damn time."

I considered what he was saying to me for a moment and then went back to a time in the eleventh grade, when I had stayed up with my best friend Aliyah, trying to think of many things to do before we died.

We ended up making a bucket list and between the numbers twenty-one to thirty-six, raving was definitely one of them.

I nodded, "Okay, you're on Hood."

He smirked, "Invite Luke."

"He probably has hospital hours to do," I said, trying to think of an excuse as to why I shouldn't call him. I was still kind of annoyed with him for trying to butt in to Michael's business like that, even though I knew I shouldn't be.

"He can take one day off from the hospital," Calum rolled his eyes.

"Is Michael going?" I asked him. Calum raised an eyebrow at me and I sighed, "I'm just wondering."

"Yeah," Calum nodded slowly, "He'll be there."

I nodded, "Okay." I thought maybe it would be a good idea if I talked to Michael, not to try and get back together with him but to wipe the slate clean and make sure there was no harsh feelings between us.

"Where is he now?" I spoke up, "Michael, is he in the dorms?"

Calum nodded, "Maybe you should just talk to him now."

"Maybe," I stood up from my bed, "Or I could just shower and do everything I need to do now, and talk to him at the party."

"The rave, you mean," Calum smiled sweetly at me.

"Same thing," I rolled my eyes.

"Actually a rave-" Calum started, but I got up, grabbed my shampoo, towel, and soap and left the dorm with my clothes.

"Rose," I heard a voice. I already knew it was Luke, I was hoping he'd invite me to his house to shower so I wouldn't have to use the disgusting showers here, well they were clean but I just didn't like showering here, it just made me feel uncomfortable.