2

A knock at the door distracted me from the television program that I was watching, some guy was having an affair and his wife found out, I was interested, never seen it before. Luke walked in and I looked at the clock, six-thirty in the afternoon and I could not have been more bored. My entire day consisted of watching TV and staring at nurses rushing to get to other patients, it was kind of cool to hear others patients conditions. My phone was in my dorm at the college and I couldn't contact my roommate to come bring it so there wasn't a way for me to entertain myself, really.

"Your classes are over I assume," I looked at him.

He nodded, "Yeah."

"So what?" I raised an eyebrow, "Do you just come here after your classes? Hang out here all day? Take care of dying people?"

He nodded again, "Yeah, I really shouldn't, I'm not authorized to but when your dad is one of the most successful doctors, well you can do a lot more things than you would think."

"When your dad said head injury," I said to Luke, sighing, "Does that mean I have a concussion?"

"Well, when you fall you hit the hard ground, that's why you have that big bruise on your forehead and the cut, your brain hit your skull."

"How does that happen?" I asked him, only because I wanted to hear him talk all "doctor" to me, I like smart guys, it's cute.

"Well your brain is protected by a spinal fluid so it doesn't hit the skull, but if the blow to your head or the fall or whatever caused the head injury is with strong force, it causes your brain to shake and hit your skull."

"Is that why I had the seizure?" I asked, even though I knew it was.

"Well yes," he nodded, "The hit already caused the concussion and then you hit the floor, making it worse which caused the seizure and you were also more prone to it considering that your mom has had a seizure and so has your sister."

My head snapped up and I immediately wished I hadn't done that because now it hurt, "Shit," I muttered, rubbing my temples.

"Don't make to many fast movements," Luke said to me. I rolled my eyes, thanks captain obvious I had no idea.

"How did you know that my sister had seizures?" I asked him.

He smirked, "I may have pulled up her file."

"Why?" I scoffed.

He shrugged, "I got curious, she had three seizures in her entire life making her have a seizure disorder, after you get two or more seizures you are considered to have a seizure disorder making you about eighty percent more likely to suffer more seizures."

"Well I don't have a seizure disorder," I said to him, "I've only had one."

"That could change which is why my dad told me to check on you, to see how you were doing," Luke pointed out.

"I'm fine," I rolled my eyes again, "How do I get rid of this concussion?"

"It'll go away on it's own," Luke explained, "Just get lots of rest and I think you should lay off on the volleyball practices for a couple weeks."

"So I won't be able to play in my game next week?" I asked him, sighing.

He shook his head, "I'm afraid not, but we're going to take you in for an MRI just to make sure that you're brain isn't bruised or bleeding."

"Does it hurt?" I asked him, hoping he would say no. I hated pain, I always tried to avoid it which is strange considering I played volleyball but when I was little and I had to go on to get blood drawn I used to try and hide under my bed hoping that my mom would never find me, and when she did I always tried to act like I was sleeping, like that was going to help me or something.