5

A knock at the door of my dorm tore my eyes away from the book that I had in my hands. Payton walked into my room with flowers in her hands. I frowned, not knowing why she had the flowers because if those were for me I didn't know why.

"Did you get me those?" I asked her.

"No," Payton shook her head, "They were just sitting at your door, so I brought them in for you. Are these from Luke?"

I grabbed them and looked at the small note attached to the flowers and couldn't help but smile, it was a sweet thing of him to do for me, "Yeah."

"Well what does the note say?" she squealed, clapping her hands together, "Hurry! I'm excited now! This is adorable!"

"Just a little thank you for eating out with me the other day," I read out loud, "Miss you, Luke."

"That's it?" Payton scoffed, "I was expecting more."

"Payton this is sweet enough," I laughed, "You expect to much from people which is probably why you can't stay with a boy for more than three weeks before you leave them."

It was true, every time Payton got herself a boyfriend she found some excuse to leave them and the guy was usually left heart broken over her. I didn't understand why she did that, but it wasn't my business.

"Well I expected like him to ask you out again or something," Payton muttered. I think I may have offended her, but she'll get over it.

"It was one lunch," I said to her, "And I-"

Calum burst through the door, "Payton where's Rose?!"

"Rose is right here," I said, waving my arm, "What's wrong?"

"You and I need to talk," he said, "Like right now. Sorry Payton but this may take a while so we'll be back."

"Calum can't it wait?" I asked, "I'm talking to Payton about-"

"This is highly more important than that!" Calum grabbed my arm and practically dragged me out of the room.

"Woah what's going on?" I asked him as we get into the elevator.

"There's something you need to know," Calum said to her.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked, "Calum you're making me really nervous and I want to know why you're acting like that." He really was freaking me out though, he was acting as if he had just killed someone and still had the body in his room or something it was really scaring me.

When we got to his room, the first thing he did was shut the door and lock it, making me even more nervous.

"Okay um, you know how Thanksgiving break is coming soon," he swallowed hard, wiping his hands on his black jeans.

"Yes, I was supposed to go visit my sister but she said that her and her boyfriend but they have their own plans and apparently I'm not invited," I rolled my eyes, "Why?"

"So what do you plan to do? Just stay on campus?" Calum asked, "In my opinion you should go back and visit your aunt and uncle and stuff-"

"They're going to Spain for Thanksgiving," I explained, "I already called to ask because the last thing I want to do is stay on campus."

"Well maybe you should ask if you could go with them-"

"I don't really want to," I frowned, "Why are you acting all jumpy?"

"Jumpy?" Calum frowned and looked around, "I'm not acting jumpy? I'm fine."

"Alright Calum what is it?" I sighed, "You're acting really weird and I know that you're hiding something by the way you burst through my room and dragged me out so tell me."

Calum looked down, "Alright fine. A couple weeks ago I got a call from..."

"From?"

"Michael,"

My jaw dropped slowly and my heart beat accelerated, my hands got clammy and my knees got weak at his name.

"For?" was the one word I was able to get out after a moment of silence.

"He was just seeing how I was and asked if I was coming down for Thanksgiving but instead, I offered for him to come here," Calum swallowed hard, "Please don't be mad at me Rose, I just really miss him and I wanted-"

"Why didn't you just go down there?" I cut him off.

Calum bit his lip, "I wanted you to see him too."

I furrowed my eyebrows and scoffed, "What? Why?"

"Because you really hurt him and I thought if you guys saw each other you guys could tlak about what happened and at least become friends again or something," Calum explained, "I don't expect you guys to get back together I just-"

"You had no right to do that!" I yelled at him, "You invited him here on purpose and once you realized what you did, you tried to get me to fly off to Spain? You knew I would get mad at you and I am really angry!"

"You still love him Rose," Calum said.

"But I can never be with him!" I threw my hands in the air, "Don't you realize that? My aunt and uncle hated him because he was different with his eyebrow piercing and the different hair color every week! I never even told my sister about him because I was afraid that she would tell me how bad of a kid he was like my aunt and uncle did! I loved him so much and my aunt and uncle just ruined it and I got into college and he didn't, the last thing I ever said to him was that I loved him but that I had to go and I can still remember him muttering an 'if you loved me you wouldn't leave' before slamming the door in my face!"

Calum's eyes widened as he watched me cry my eyes out. I hated crying in front of Calum, I hated crying in front of anyone actually but I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me into a hug as I cried into his shirt.

I pulled away and grabbed tissues that his roommate had sitting on his desk, I was thankful that his roommate was out because that would be really embarrassing if he saw me crying.

"I'm sorry Rose," Calum sighed, "Michael knows he was being selfish though, he told me that he should have wished you luck or something instead of saying what he last said to you, he says he regrets it all the time."

I nodded, "I can believe that. He always used to say things and apologize after because he always said things that he didn't mean."

"He loved you," Calum said to me, "I don't know if you believe that or not but he did and he's Michael Clifford, he didn't love anyone."

That only made me cry more and when Calum realized he face palmed, "Shit I'm such a fuck up. I'm sorry Rose I shouldn't have said that I-"

My phone started vibrating and I swallowed hard and wiped my tears to see that it was Luke, "Shit."

"What?"

"Hello?" I sniffled.

"Why are you crying?" Luke asked.

"I'm not," I sniffled again, contradicting my previous sentence.

Luke sighed, "Rose, I can tell that you're crying by the way you're sniffling and by the sound of your voice. I'm picking you up I'll be there in like five minutes."

"What?" I frowned, "I look like garbage I'm in sweatpants and my hair isn't-"

"Well you have five minutes to get ready I'll see you soon," he said. He hung up the phone and I was still frowning.

"I have to go," I muttered.

"Where?"

I was still frowning, "I think I'm going out with Luke somewhere."

-

I know its short and yes for those of you who guessed Michael is the ex boyfriend

hope you enjoyed this filler chapter sorry it sucked