20

"Is she going to be okay?" Michael asked me as we waited outside the room Rose was currently in. 

Calum, Payton, Cassidy, Xavier, and Ashton were all sitting in the waiting room that was nearest to the rooms that we were in. 

"Yeah, my dad said she'll be okay they're just confused as to what caused the seizure," I told him, "I mean the last one was for a obvious reason, a concussion, but this one, I don't know something isn't right."

My dad walked out of the room and looked back and forth from me and Michael, "She's asking for you, Luke."

I looked back at Michael who shrugged his shoulders and I sighed, walking into the room my heart dropped seeing her hooked up the monitor, her skin was pale, ghastly almost. Probably from anxiety coursing threw her body. 

"Luke," she tried to smile, but her body seemed to weak to even move an inch, "Listen let me explain what-" she started, getting frantic.

"Stop," I shook my head. She looked saddened and I sighed, "I don't want you to get to stressed out and convulse again, so tell me calmly what happened, I'll do my best to not yell or throw something."

"Okay well I went upstairs with Cassidy, she was showing me around the fraternity house since she had been to parties there before, but she started talking about Xavier and Ashton. We sat in the room that you found me and Ashton in and she just talked to me about what she was feeling. She left and Ashton walked in a few minutes later looking for her, I guess he didn't see her along the halls or something. I told him that she wasn't there and he sat on the bed and asked me if she had said anything about him. I told him what she said and he got upset because she was talking about how she didn't want to leave Xavier because he would always be in her heart if she did and she didn't know if she would regret it. Out of spite, I guess he thought that by kissing me he could feel better, or get her back. I didn't expect it, I swear and when you guys saw it was when he made his move."

"So you didn't kiss him back?"

"I didn't really have time to," she replied, "But if you're asking if I would have, no I wouldn't."

We were silent and I spoke up, "Michael saw everything."

"Yeah I know, I remember," she replied, "His voice is still like, screaming in my ears."

"He's outside, if you wanna see him," I suggested to her and she shook her head, "So is Payton, Cassidy, Ashton, and Calum, oh and Xavier."

"Not yet, I really just want to stay in here with you," she admitted. 

"Did they tell you why you had the seizure?"

"No, they said they don't know," Rose sighed, "They called Violet because she's my legal guardian, I mean I am nineteen, but still, I don't have my own apartment and stuff and when she turned eighteen, she became my guardian."

I nodded, "I'm sure you're fine, is she coming?"

"No, she's on vacation and I told her to not spoil anything with her boyfriend," she told me, "I don't want her to worry."

We were completely silent, I knew Rose wouldn't lie about kissing Ashton, but for some reason it still bothered me. 

"I'll be back," I said, "Um, I'm gonna talk to Ashton about everything."

"Okay," she nodded slowly. 

I left the room and found Ashton, sitting across from Michael who gave him the death stare like he used to give me. 

"Ashton," I sat down next to Michael, across from him, "Wanna explain?"

"Listen I was really mad about Cassidy and Xavier, alright? I know Cassidy would get pissed if I kissed Rose. I know she likes me, she told Rose she does but she doesn't want to leave Xavier because she's afraid she'll regret it, I don't know some bullshit like that."

"Who's Cassidy?" Michael frowned. 

"Blond hair sitting over there," Calum nodded his head towards where she was, sitting with Xavier. 

"She's really nice," Payton chimed in. 

"So you thought that you would go and kiss Rose just to get back at Cassidy?" Calum asked him.

"You told me you didn't even want her," Ashton ignored him, turning his attention to me.

"She's still.." I stopped myself, because I really had no idea where I was going with my sentence, "It's just weird, alright?"

"Do you like her or not?" Ashton asked, "If you do then Luke, I'm really sorry, but if you don't, I really did nothing wrong here."

"Just don't touch her," Michael and I said simultaneously. 

"Who are you?" Ashton asked Michael and then he realized, "Oh right, Clifford, you're the ex-boyfriend."

"Irwin, you're the guy hopelessly in love with that Cassidy chick," he chuckled, "It was obvious ever since junior high."

"You're ex-girlfriend has soft lips," Ashton smirked. Michael gripped the chair tightly and I sighed. 

"It's not worth it Mike," Calum shook his head, "Don't do it."

"She would have been if you guys hadn't walked in the way you did," Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Shut it," I warned him, "I'm not kidding. If I find out you touch her again, I will-"

"I get it," Ashton put his hand up, "I won't touch the girl again, alright?"

I nodded and then there was more silence. Payton and Calum talked quietly about who knows what, until he spoke up to all of us and broke the silence.

"Well did it work?" he asked Ashton.

"What?" Ashton frowned.

"Is she mad?"

"She's not happy," Payton answered for him, "When Xavier went to get a cup of coffee, she asked me what happened and I told her as much as I knew, which is what Michael told Calum. She didn't say anything, but she looked really upset."

"Good," Ashton said. 

I looked around the room and realized that all of us knew that Cassidy was cheating on her lover with Ashton, but none of us wanted to tell him. I don't know why but that made me upset in the way us humans can be. 

"Can I go see her?" we heard a soft voice. 

We all looked up and saw Cassidy standing by us, her and Ashton shared a quick glance but she quickly looked away. 

I nodded, "Yeah, Michael can you show her where the room is?"

He nodded and got up, she followed him and Ashton opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but he didn't.

"I'm going to find my dad," I sighed, "I'll be back."

I walked down the corridors in the hospital, finding my way to my dads office. He wasn't there but I saw Rose's file sitting on his desk, I opened it and read results from different blood tests, but I wasn't far into my investigating when my dad walked in. 

"Well?" I asked him, "What's it looking like?"

"What we thought it was," he replied, "But I still have to run more tests, she doesn't know, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, she doesn't."

"Good," he responded, "That's how it will stay until we figure this out. She really has no idea what you're up to?"

"None."

-

what are luke and his dad hiding hmmmmm