Chapter 1 Introduction

In a dark, dull city filled with crime was a huge grey mansion which was occupied by the Heart family. The Heart family are only a small family with lots of money after all they are related to the Wayne family. They were the second richest family after the Wayne's of course but with Bruce been on his own after the death of his parents the Hearts tried to let him be part of their little family he wanted none of it. In the Heart family there was a young girl named Ruby Heart her hair was a bright red which flowed down mid length of her back in small curls, her green eyes where as bright as emeralds, her red plumped lips could steal a kiss from anyone and her pale skin made vampires look tanned. She was the beauty of a goddess not to her bullies liking. They would tell her that she's was ugly no one would want her because she was ginger and red heads where a curse in this world. This made her sad and angry she wanted revenge on them.

Sat in her large bedroom at her desk where her mirror sat she stared at her reflection hating what she saw. She thought to herself why did the other people hate her so much, she was no different. She let out a huge sigh. "Hunny it's time for training." Her mother called from the training room. "Coming mother." She called down. She ran down the marble stairs tying her small curls into a high ponytail. She was wearing a black leather jumpsuit which held all her weapons from small knifes to large ones she even had a whip which she liked to use on her enemies. She strolled into the room her green eyes sparkling with excitement this was always her favourite thing to do.

As she stood in the training room waiting for her opponent to show themselves. "Nathan I know you're there why don't you come out already you can't sneak up on me." She said while tapping her foot impatiently. "Aww Ruby how did you know I was there it's not fair." Her best friend whined. She tutted at him. "Nathan I'm the best assassin here." She rolled her eyes in annoyance all she wanted to do was train. "Okay fine we will get started." Nathan replied with a roll of his eyes.  He ran at her with a knife in his hands. She yawned and flipped him over taking the knife at the same time flinging it just above his head it crashed into the wall at the other side leaving behind a mark.

Training took up most of her day, from the age of 3 she has had the same routine she doesn't get bored of it she's loves the life of an assassin. She gets hired by the villains that plague the city to protect them and kill anyone that stands in their way. She also loves to harm the ones who did her wrong like the people who killed her aunt and uncle. She remembers that day it was satisfying hearing the screams of the people who targeted their family, her mother and father stood by her side as she slit their throats slowly. She smiled at the memory Bruce didn't know anything he refused to join the family. After training it was time for a shower and food before she had a job to do.

She sat at the dining table that filled the whole room with her mother and father sat at either side of her smiling as they dug into their steak and chips. "So Ruby when's your next job?"
Her mother asked with a devious smile. Her mother had the same red hair that was like fire, her green eyes where a little darker then her daughters nevertheless they were still beautiful well her father thought so. She was of strong physic from the years of training she held an emotionless face most of the time but with her family she would light up: a little. Her father was tall and muscular with dark hair which was short, his eyes were also green but not dark nor bright they were in-between them both he was also pale like his wife and daughter, he held some wrinkles he was in his forties after all. She looked at both her parents before answering them. "Penguin has hired me." She held the gaze of her parents. They didn't like Penguin very much they thought of him as weak and pointless and should be their next job but personally Ruby liked the guy he was different. "Well, be careful." Both her parents said in unison. She smiled at them.

They knew she could look after herself she was strong and the best assassin they had trained. They held pride and love for their daughter they knew she fought hard to hide her pain of being bullied.

The life of an assassin involved dedication, you wasn't allowed to feel all the emotions people felt you had to stay like a emotionless robot and not feel anything towards anything otherwise you couldn't do the job. The Job entailed killing without remorse you weren't allowed to feel sorry or guilty.