Part 50: The Moon Demon

We crossed a portal into an alternate world that resembled what I had always imagined what the surface of the moon would be like. The ground was dusty and silver and the sky was filled with stars. In the distance, I could see earth, looking so far away and lonely. I knew we weren't actually on the moon, though. I could breath and the pressure felt the same as earth's. But when I took a step, gravity seemed lighter. I could jump higher and slower. I wondered how Jordan would be able to fight a demon like this. It was difficult to even move around normally, let alone battle a demon. We wandered across the moon util we found our demon.

She was a beautiful woman with long dark hair, big luminous red eyes, and a round face. She looked like she could be a life-sized doll, she was so beautiful. She wore a silver crown with red rubies and nothing else.

"That's Alal! We found her! The moon demon!" Jordan said. As soon as Jordan spoke, the demon fled.

"She's getting away!" Alice cried. We tried to run after her, but the gravity was so strange in this world that we lost her. We stood disappointed and caught our breath.

"Damn." Jordan said.

"Jordan..." I began. "Maybe we could try hunting in a group next time? It might be easier. We could team up with Mr. Matthews or even Casper..." I suggested.

"Are you crazy?" Jordan asked turning to me.

"Um...I just thought it would be easier. I mean you're the only real hunter here. Alice and I are just your friends. And, this Alal is supposed to be a baby, and we let it get away. If there were more hunters like you, perhaps you'd be able to corner it. Since Casper is our friend, I think he'd be willing to team up with us." I attempted to explain myself.

"Casper wants to kill me, Nora. As far as I'm concerned, we're no longer friends." Jordan announced. I remembered the day before, when Jordan and Casper had gone hand to hand in combat and Mr. Matthews had to come break it up. I shivered. Casper had always been a good friend before the contracts. I wondered what had changed him. "Remember that fight? I was trying to kill him too!" Jordan admitted.

"But, can't you guys at least talk?" I asked.

"Don't be ridiculous." Jordan said. "His priorities are messed up and he only thinks about himself. Even if he was willing to fight with me, I wouldn't want him to. He's an awful person and I want nothing to do with him. God! He's just like Mr. Matthews was when Mackenzie was killed! That bastard watched Mackenzie die before even laying a finger on that Akki! Casper and Mr. Matthews only think about themselves. Maybe they should fight together instead!" Jordan shouted angrily.

"That's not true! Mackenzie trapped Mr. Matthews before fighting that Akki! Remember?" I asked.

"Why the hell are you defending him? Anyways, I'm not fighting to be seen as a hero. I honestly want to protect this world. I will go against anyone and anything for the sake of the ones I love: demons, twisted humans or even other demon hunters!" Jordan vowed. "If you get in my way, Nora, then you should keep your promise and stay out of it, and go home."

"Jordan. You know I would if you wanted me to." I said but Jordan didn't respond. Instead she walked past me, in search of the baby Alal we lost track of.

"Alice. Why didn't you say anything?" I asked her.

"I doubt she'll listen to anyone at this point, even me." she said.