"Morning Alby, greenie," I said not moving myself inside Newt's arms, except now he slid his hand down to my waist.

"Morning kids," Alby replied but Thomas kept his eyes on the open doors of the maze. "Oh Newt, I want you working in the gardens today. We're a little short this month."

"Oh well that fixes that question," Newt smiled down at me.

"What question?"

"I was gonna ask to work with Newt today," I said shyly.

"Y'know you don't have to ask. That's your job, remember?"

"What's her job?" Thomas asked.

"Her jobs complicated. She's a track hoe but on... special days, she works with Newt as second in command," Alby explained, to which Thomas just nodded and began eating. "I also asked the runners to come back early today. We got fresh supplies from the box yesterday and I wanna run it over with them. That means tonight I need Newt, or both of you." We nodded in reply.

I closed my eyes and placed my hand on Newt's leg just enjoying being with him. I loved him, any boy here could see that. I found comfort just by being next to him and he seemed to feel the same way.

"You two are too cute," Alby cooed, causing me to open my eyes and see his smirk. "You'll start seeing it greenie, those two are like the Glade parents."

"Oh no one listens to me. It's (Y/N) they listen to," Newt chimed in but I stayed with my arms around his torso and head on his shoulder.

"It's just because I know the right time to say things. Like right now, we have to work so we're gonna get up and work, right?" I giggled.

"Good luck today shanks. You got greenbean here," Alby said patting Thomas's back.

We spent the day hunched over pulling out weeds and vegetables or wrapping vines around the poles made by the Builders. Newt and I realized quickly just how curious this greenie was, since he had a new question every two minutes. Most of them were about the Glade but some were about the people in it. We took turns answering the questions seeing as either of us could answer them. Plus, the greenie was getting annoying.

"Have you ever tried going down the box?" He asked digging holes for us to fill with seeds. Newt and I stood only five feet away, tying the vines to the poles.

"Tried it. Box won't go down without someone in it." I answered this one since he had already had four different theories as to how to escape the maze.

"Have you tried-" Newt cut him off this time so he couldn't finish the question he should have known the answer to by now.

"No we've tried it. Twice," he said leaning his arm on the poles. "Alright, trust me. Whatever you can think of, we've already tried. The only way out is through the maze."