one hundred seven

Lauren looks up from her sketchbook when her phone begins to buzz, setting it aside and answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hi, Lolo!" Camila's cheerily adorable voice coos through the other end, making Lauren smile.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" Lauren tucks her pencil behind her ear, standing from the couch and heading into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"I have a surprise for you."

"Ooh, exciting." Lauren leans against the counter, taking a bite of the apple she'd chosen. "When do I get to find out what it is?"

"In a few minutes."

Lauren's eyes widen. "Are you in Miami? Am I gonna get to see you?"

"I'm not giving you any hints, sorry baby." Camila says, "But I will tell you that Dinah is very ecstatic."

"When isn't she?" Lauren smirks, "Especially when it comes to Camren." Lauren pauses when she hears a knock on the door, smirking and stepping out of the kitchen. When she reaches the door, she begins to speak to Camila thinking she would be the one outside the door. "I know it's you, Camz—"

She freezes when instead of Camila, she sees a man in a suit with a little cap on his head. There was no way this man was here for her; he either had the wrong house or was looking for her father. Or at least.. that's what she thought until she saw the limousine parked on the side of the street in front of her house with her beautiful girlfriend standing tall in a beautiful dress through the sunroof, looking at her with a smirk. "Hey, baby." She whispers into the phone, ending the call and leaving Lauren completely speechless.

Her attention is brought back to the man when he starts speaking. "Ms. Cabello would like to take you out for the evening. She has instructed me to allow you time to change, if you so desire."

Lauren looks down at her sweats and messy t-shirt, knowing she'd look like a fool standing next to Camila if she looked like that. "Where are we going?"

"I'm not supposed to say."

Lauren grumbles to herself and closes the door, heading upstairs to get ready. She tries not to take too long, but getting ready was never an easy or speedy process. When she finally was finished, she found the driver by the door, still somehow standing there although it had taken Lauren quite some time to get ready. He leads her to the limo, opening the door and allowing her to slide in before leaning in, "If you ladies need anything, just hit the call button."

He closes the door, and finally Lauren is able to admire her stunning girlfriend up close. Lauren was sure she'd never seen a human being that was so beautiful in her entire lifetime until she'd met Camila. Camila, who looked perfect in anything at any time of any day.

"You're staring."

"So? I'm allowed to stare." Lauren leans forward to plant a soft kiss onto her girlfriend's mouth, glad to have her this close again. When they pull apart, Lauren sighs happily and leans into Camila, resting her head on her shoulder. "Where are we going?"

"I'm not telling you." Camila says in a teasing manner, kissing her forehead softly. At this point, Lauren couldn't care less where they were going; as long as she got to spend time with her favorite girl, nothing else mattered. "How's your concussion? Any progress?"

"Doctor says I should be good to use electronics by Friday, and it's a good thing too, 'cause I really miss talking to the girls everyday." If only you knew just how soon you were gonna get to talk to them... Camila thinks to herself with a smirk, wrapping an arm around Lauren's shoulders. "What kind of mischief have you guys been up to?"