Chapter 18: Lucky

"Lin just be calm" Pippa said squeezing his hand. "I'm fine" he said, she doubted that immediately. "I can feel nerves emulating off you" she says, he sighs. "It's just... if they don't like me I figure I can't be with you, and I have to be with you Pippa or..." he trails, she smiles. "Hey, I'm always going to love you no matter what. We can do this" she says.

   Lin didn't know why he was ever so nervous, Pippa's family was as sweet as she was. As they walked into the backyard where the family barbecue was taking place she smiled. "Aunts Peepa" two children yelled running up to her. "Natalie! Christen!" She said letting go of Lins hand and picking up her niece and nephew. "Where's your mommy?" She asks, the children point to a table with two young women, a young man, and an older couple.

Pippa set the children down again and took Lins hand. "Just be yourself" she said as they walked over. Meeting his last girlfriends parents was never a big thing, until now... because he couldn't lose Pippa. "Mom, dad" Pippa said, they turned to her and smiled. "Pippa my darling girl" her mother said excitedly, getting up from her chair to hug her daughter. "And who is this handsome man? If he's what I think he is you've done good child" she said with a chuckle. "In Lin Manuel Miranda, I'm... seeing your daughter" he said with a smile holding out his hand.

   "Don't be silly Lin, we hug around here" she said squeezing him, he smiled. "Hi dad" Pippa said as he got up too. "Hello Pippa, is he treating you right?" He asks, Pippa looks over to her boyfriend who is in full conversation with her mother. "Better then that, he's so amazing" she says, his father wraps an arm around her shoulders and pulls her closer, kissing her head. "Then he's all good in my books" her father said.

   Lin and Pippas sister sat watching Pippa play with her niece and nephew. "My sister is one lucky girl" her sister, Olivia, commented. "I think I'm the lucky one" he replies, Olivia laughs. "Talk to me when you're married to her" she joked, Lin smiled at the thought...