Chapter 10: Soft and Warm

"Ow" Lin said and Pippa placed a hydrogen treated cotton ball on his forehead, over the cut. "I know, I'm sorry" she said pressing a tender kiss to his head. He smiled and pulled her onto his lap. "I've been waiting for this for to long" Lin said, she furrowed her brow. "To get beaten up?" She asks, he chuckles. "No you goof, to be able to hold you.... offstage" his says as she bandages his last cut. "Lin... what are we?" She asks turning to him, fiddling with the cotton ball in her hand.

"What do you want to be?" He asks, she blushes. "I want to be with you but I don't know if you'll have me" she whispered, he stood up off the edge of her tub and pulled her into his arms. "Will I have you?" He asks. "Pippa are you really asking if I'll have you as my girlfriend?" He asks. "Of course! How could I not I mean you're beautiful and smart and strong. So strong and I can't imagine not having you" he says genuinely.

Lin picks up her chin and kisses her. "Lin I want to show you something" she says, he nods. "Go sit on my bed and wait and it's not like that" she says, he chuckles and kisses her head. Leaving the bathroom.

A few minutes later Pippa walks though the door in a sports bra and some boy short panties. "Oh love..." he says, she's more black and blue then her usual sun kissed skin. "I wanted you to see what you're saving me from" she said. "I know it's not the prettiest thing and I'll probably have some scars but-" "Pippa you're beautiful" he interrupted. "Lin?" Pippa breathed.

   He lift her gently, placing her flat on the bed. "This may seem like I'm trying something but I promise I'm not" he says climbing over her. "I honestly don't mind" she giggled. "Tell me where... where he hurt you most. Where he dared to touch you" Lin says, she thinks back. "He... he used to hit my collar bones a.....a lot" she stutters as she feels soft and warm kissed on her collar bones.

    "Trying to give me a different kind of bruise?" She jokes, he chuckles and looks at her. "No, not right now. Right now, I'm trying take away all the bad memories associated with your body and replace them with a good one. That is if I'm considered a good memory" he said, she didn't speak for a moment. He began to panic till she opened her mouth. "He used to slam my shoulders in walls, I dislocated one once" she said, he carefully kissed that spot. "And my ribs, he would punch, kick and bash them. Never broke one though it felt like it" she said.

    he kissed her softly and one by one he kissed away every bad memory of every bruise. He made her feel loved and tried to compensate the damage that had been down. Pippa thought she slept well that night on the fire escape but sleeping in Lins arms was most definitely the best.