Chapter 3: Ever Again

"Good morning" Lin said, she sat down infront of him. As soon as he looked up at her he noticed her red eyes, the drop in her smile and the dark circles trying to be hidden by concealer. But most of all he noticed the red mark on her face, not just any red mark... a hand shaped red mark. "Who did this to you?" He asked immediately grabbing her hands and giving them a good squeeze. "It doesn't matter... how's your morning?" She asks with a very forced smile. "Pippa please don't try to change the subject" he said, she sighed and a few tears rolled down her cheeks. "Let's not do this here, let's talk somewhere more alone and quiet" he said, she nodded. It was everyone's day off so he took her to the place he knew was empty.

"It's so weird without all the music and lights" she uttered. He smiled. "I guess so huh? It's been awhile since I heard it this quiet" he replied. "It's quiet upstage" she sang, they both shared a small laugh. "Pippa come sit with me" he said sitting on the edge of the stage. She came over and sat next to him. "Who did this?" He said gently rubbing his thumb over the mark. "My...my boyfriend" she said, he frowned. "But! He really does mean well!" She tried to reassure him. "Pippa he hit you, he didn't mean that well. He slapped you" he said, he couldn't help but pull her onto his lap and into his arms.

   That's when she knew she could let her guard down. She didn't have to act like she was okay or put up a wall. She sobbed, she cried out all the tears she wouldn't dare cry infront of her boyfriend. "He does it all the time" she whispers. He only hugs her tighter. "It's going to be okay Pip, I won't let him touch you again" he says and suddenly, a smile creeps up on her face...