Chapter 5: Always and Anytime

"So we are one the roof because?" Pippa asks, Lin still has a tight grip on her hand and is rubbing it with his thumb. "Because it's beautiful" he says looking up at the stars. "Look there, that's the Orion" he says pointing. "I don't see it" she says squinting, he sighs. He lets her hand go and lays down the the roof. "What are you?" She asks with a chuckle. "Come" he says with his arms open, she thinks for a moment 'What if he finds out?' But decided the moment of being in Lins arms is worth it.... because their friends. Only friends she tells herself.

    She lays down using his chest as a pillow well his arm goes around her. "Okay, see those three stars really close together" he says pointing again. "Yes" she agreed. "Now expand your vision and try to look for a man" he says, it takes her a few seconds but get excited when she sees it. "I see it! There's his arm and his legs" she says, his smiles.

   "Pippa, can we talk about him?" He asks, she sighs. "Only if we keep it be tween us" she bargains. "Of course yes" he says, she raises her index finger. "Andddd, I can keep using you as a pillow. He doesn't really let me anymore" she says, he squeezed her closer. "Always and anytime Pippa, I promise" he says, she takes a deep breath. "Well first of, his name is Adam" she says.

(A/N I won't be using Steven because he makes her happy and I don't want to depict him as a bad person or a excellent person)

   "So Adam, he hits you. Frequently" Lin confirms, she nods. "Yes, mostly grabs me to hard." She says, she sits up on her knees. "Are you okay if I show you my stomach?" She asks, he nods. She rolls up her t-shirt to just below her bra. "Oh Pippa" he says, her rib cage is bruised to a concerning extent. She has evident grab marks on her sides and her hip bones are bruised worse then her rib cage. "Pippa no I... why would someone do this to you?" He says in disbelief. He wants to reach out and touch her, make her feel okay but he knows his touch won't make it all go away. "Because I deserve it" she says.

    Lin suddenly feels a fire in his chest. "Does he tell you that?" He asks, she nods. "Does he tell you you're not worth anything?" He asks, she nods again. "Not beautiful? Not good enough?" She nods again. He doesn't know what to say, he has so much to say but can't. "You agree don't you? It's not just him it's you and everyone" she says pulling her shirt down and letting her tears fall. "Agree? Oh Pippa god no. No no no no no. Not at all Pippa not even a little bit" he says pulling her into his arms, not even caring anymore.

   "He's telling you lies. Blatant lies." He says. "It's true. I'm not worth anything and I'm not beautiful" she says, it pains Lin to hear her say these things. This is Pippa he's hugging. Pippa the one who's always smiling and laughing. The one always bubbly. How does she do it. She does it because she believes he thinks she's worth something. He makes her happy.

   "Youre worth the world Pippa and I'm not exaggerating. I can't give you the world but I can let you take it. Take it by storm with your beautiful dancing and gorgeous voice and most of all, your beautiful self, inside and out" he says, she hugs him tight. "Thank you...thank you!" She cries, he strokes her hair and whisper sweet but truthful things into her ear. "Is Adam at your place?" Lin asks. "No he's out on business" she says, he nods. "How about I drive you home, you seem like you could use a good nights sleep" he says, she nods and smiles. "Thanks Lin" she adds, he kisses her hand. "Always and anytime"...

   After a quiet but not awkward ride home with Lin, Pippa finally made it to her front door. Fully ready to climb into bed she opened the door... she was not going to bed anytime soon. "Adam?" She asks, the colour drained from her face. He walks over, grabbing her forcefully by the waist. "Where were you?" He asks through his gritted teeth. "I was with a friend" she answers, shaking under his touch. "Which friend?" He asks. She knows she can't lie, he knows when she's lying. "Lin" she says as quietly as possible.

     "Lin!" He yells smashing his glass at her feet. She whimpers at the tiny shards plunging into her feet. She just nods. "You filthy whore!" He yells walking her up to the wall. She suddenly feels dizzy. "You've got it in for you tonight Phillipa, you've done this to yourself you good for nothing ugly whore!" He yells taking many blows to her body.

   What she wouldn't do to be back in Lins arms right know...

A/N
Comment thoughts