Chapter Two

Mulai dari awal

My eyes begin to close as I fall into a slumber filled with warmth covering my body from the summer sun.

"Yenessa." Says Mum, shaking me back and forth. I sit up from my sleeping position on the grass, seeing the sun is still up and as bright as it was before I fell asleep meaning I haven't slept for very long.

"Yes?" I say, rubbing my eyes, I squint them a bit not used to the light.

"I need to go to work there's some clothes that need to be washed. Also, there's twenty dollars on the bench, you can order take away, but I need to go" She presses her lips to my forehead, holding the back of my head. "I see you later sweetie, I'll be back home at six am."

With that she brushes the grass off of her knee caps, and stands herself up, she slips on her heels that she must have taken off, and walks back to the back door, her long dark hair tied neatly in a ponytail swinging with her movements.

Great. I have to go visit that guy I seem to not know the name of. Yeah, he can be quite nice but he is really stubborn, and has really weird mood swings, but I'm not going to judge him because it looks as if he has a not so simple life, and I don't want to judge him over something he may not have control over. That's just not me, my Mother has raised me better than that...to Judge.

I place my palms on the ground and lift myself up onto my feet; I run my hand through my tangled blonde hair, pulling out pieces of grass and a few burrs. I shove my hand into one of my pockets, as I open up the back door to the laundry. I grab the hamper, shoving all the dark clothing into a basket, and swing it onto my hip.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket, I'm assuming it's either Megan or Mum, most likely to be Mum. I whip my phone out of my pocket as I walk over to my room to sleep on some thongs. I read the text on the screen and I was correct, yes it was my darling mother.

'Can you drop Lavigne off at Tabitha's house before you go do the laundry I forgot she's staying there for two nights.'

I reply with a 'Sure' seeing as I have nothing better to do and Mum can't exactly do it. I call out to my darling little sister only to see her blonde hair whip in front of me, I watch as she runs down the hall singing the Dora theme song.

"Lavigne. I need to drop you off at Tabitha's. Have you packed?" I ask, as I walk into the kitchen placing the basket on the bench. She nods her head, and points to her bag.

"I can't wait to go to her house. She said she has marshmallows!" She says jumping up and down her piggy tails bouncy cutely with her. I take her hand in mine, and grab my Mum's car keys.

I don't usually drive, I do have my license, but I prefer walking. But I wasn't walking twenty minutes to Tabitha's with a little screaming girl, and walking about twenty five minutes back down to the Laundromat.

I place the washing basket in the back. I then sit Lavigne in her car seat, and strap her in shutting the door afterwards before swirling the keys around my fingers as I walk around to the driver's seat. I shut door after sitting in, and buckle up before starting up the car.

"Love you, Nessy." Lavigne says. I back out of the drive way before replying back to Lavigne with 'I love you too.' I focus my eyes on the road ahead of me as I make my way down to Tabitha's house.

"Bye, Ness." Lavigne says as I exit the York's home. Tabitha is five years old the same age as Lavigne, they been friends since birth, Mum and Tabitha's Mother, Clare York met at a Jewellery party at some friends house seven years ago and became good friends. Lavigne can't live without Tabitha.

I walk down back to Mum's little Blue Suzuki. Since there is only three of us in the family, Mum bought a small car, she doesn't plan on having more kids, and she doesn't want any more either. She wanted a station wagon, but there was no point, plus she loves her small cars, not 'big assed' ones as she says.