Chapter Seven

Katniss POV

Gale? What the heck would he be doing here?

"It so nice to see you again!" Mr. Chanter says to the young girl who bought Gale. I feel sick.

I rarely get sick now, but seeing Gale's face, the one who killed my sister set it off.

I run into the kitchen, where they are standing and puke into the trash can.

"Katniss?" Gale asks in shock. Once I am done I wipe off my face and lean against the island.

I look away from him not wanting even give him the time of day. He walks toward me and puts his hand on my shoulder. I push it off holding the tears in.

"Don't touch me." I say looking him right in the eyes.

"Katniss, I didn't mean it.."

"You know they were gonna use your bomb for something! What else could it be? They already used it in 2! What else would they use it for?" I yell at him, I can't hide the tears in my eyes. I know I shouldn't be wasting my tears on Gale, but Prim.. she was to young.

I can't even look at him.

With all my strength though I look at him. He then looks at my stomach. There isn't much there yet but it is noticeable. I don't gain weight easy, and he knows that.

"Katniss... who did this to you?"

"What, are you calling me fat?"

"Don't play that card at me, you and I both know you are a horrible actor and a even worse lair."

I look away.

"Is it that Mr. Chanters? I will kick his.."

"No.." I say disgust. "It's not his."

Everyone has left the room, giving us space. Which I am thankful for, knowing that Mr. Chanter didn't hear that.

"Then who's is it Catnip, I am out of ideas."

"Why should I tell you, I don't even know you."

"What do you mean Catnip?"

"We are two different people now Gale, way different then when we first met each other in the woods."

"Katniss please just tell who the father is."

I sigh and look away.

"Katniss please.."

"It's.." I sigh.

"It's Peeta freaking Mellark's!" Johanna yells coming in from the doorway. "It's freaking bread boy's!"

Gale looks at me with hurt in his eyes. Johanna backs away and walks back out of the room.

"You have nothing to be mad about Gale."

"Did he force you?"

"Oh for gosh sake! It was my choice! He even tried to talk me out of it!"

Gale looks at me in disgust, the hurt in his eyes tries to make it's way down into my heart but it doesn't quite make it.

I look away, but he grabs me and pushes me into the wall. He holds my arms and he presses his knee against mine, holding me there.

"You think that you can just do this to me? I love you and this is how you treat me?" He spits.

"You killed my sister!" I yell bringing up every once of pain with my words. I start to sob but he doesn't let me go.

"I didn't know they were gonna use my bombs for anything after 2!"