2.7 | A Package + Dance With Me

Start from the beginning

They were taken as they are when someone is being stalked. In this case, me.

I felt my feet give in as I fell back in the chair. Someone was following me. Who? Why? It all made no sense until I came across a slip of paper.

I'm coming for you - V.

There was only one person I knew whose name started with V that could do something as such. I tried to not panic but it was too late. My fingers began trembling and my heart was again pounding faster. My ears were ringing and I felt sick to my stomach. Not like when one is ill. But sick, as in related to disgust.

I was far away from home, from Shimla, and still, I wasn't safe.

My past was coming back to haunt me.

I needed to get out of here. I needed to get to Armaan and Riddhima. Only they could help me. I would feel safe only with the two of them by my side.

As I felt I could no longer breathe on my own, I started looking around for my purse.

A voice asked, "What are you looking for?"

It was familiar, but I didn't focus on that. Where was my purse? I had no clue of my surroundings and everything on my table looked as if it were moving but in fact, it was my dizzy head, blurring from lack of proper oxygen.

Someone pushed me down on the chair. I hadn't realized when I had gotten up on my feet. The voice repeated firmly, "What are you looking for?!"

I gasped to inhale a deep breath and managed to speak. "My purse."

The next second, I felt something in my hands. My purse. Without caring to thank the person, I quickly opened it and emptied the contents out on the desk surface. I grabbed the inhaler that had dropped along with bunch of other things and only then could I breathe again.

Few slow and paced breaths, I was able to return my pulse and breathing to normal so I wasn't panting.

"Thank you," I said and looked up to meet Arnav's confused and fearful eyes.

I hadn't expected him to be at my desk. I looked around to see how empty the place looked.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at me in great concern.

My voice came out hoarse and my head felt heavy as I nodded. "Yes."

He squinted, "Khushi, you just used an inhaler."

"Yes, but I'm fine. I just had a panic attack." I didn't give him change to question why. "Where's everyone? What time is it?"

"6:30."

My head snapped back towards him, "What?"

"What 'what'?"

Did I really stare at these photos since about 5 hours now? "Nothing," I mumbled and stood up to put everything back in my purse.

He used that silence to question, "Why were you having a panic attack?"

I turned a deaf ear to it and announced instead, "I need to get home. I'll see you tomorrow."

He took a long step to block my path, "Khushi, I'm your ride home."

"What?"

He looked back at me clueless, "Did Armaan not tell you? Or did you not check your phone? He told me he texted you when you weren't picking up."

Oh. Right, um... where was my phone? I looked around for it. Again, not finding it.

Arnav pointed at my purse, "You just put it in there. Seriously, what's wrong? You're starting to worry me."