Chapter 7 | The Creature

I knew she was good. But I had to be better.

I ran to the training room and grabbed the curved sword I had used that morning. My fingers gripped the sword tightly as I ran to the screams. There were other Greencloaks there. They were all surrounded something. I crept up behind them using Nullet's agile.

A big creature lay on the floor with many stab wounds. It looked dead. Using the tip of my sword I pushed one of its limbs aside to see the face. I heard someone gasp. It was ugly. I've never seen a creature like that.

Then all of a sudden it jumped up growling. I straightened my posture and held my sword firmly. My mind traveled back to the days where I practiced behind the shed. I struck the creature directly in the middle. It let out a terrifying cry. I looked for Nullet.

Where was he?

Then the giant creature let out another groan as a gigantic tiger pounced on his back end. Nullet! I smirked proud of the tiger. There were already other Spirit animals attacking the creature as well. And other Greencloaks stabbed the creature. All with speed and strength of their animals.

And with surprising speed I lunged and my sword dove through the side of the creature. Right as I was about to finish him off, an arrow shot right through his heart. At first I was surprised but I reminded myself that I wasn't the only one there. The creature flopped over.

Everyone turned to me surprised. The new girl wasn't so bad. I felt my cheeks redden yet again today. I turned to the girl holding the bow. She had dark skin and many braids. She smiled at me.

Then I saw a hand lightly push someone out of the way. Olvan. "What happen here?" He questioned obviously concerned. Everyone stood silent. Until the girl with the bow spoke up.

"There was an attack." She said petting a leopard. Then my eyes widened. That was Uraza and Abeke!
Olvan rubbed his chin in thought. He turned and walked away. "Get back to work!" He said holding up his hand. Everyone scurried away. Nullet licked his now red paws.

Abeke turned to me. "Is that Nullet?!" She asked her eyes wide. I nodded. I held out my hand for Uraza to sniff. "And this is the legendary Uraza" I truly was impressed.

"I thought Nullet was-" Abeke started.

"Yeah, he was." I said softly. Abeke nodded.

"Well I got to run, but I hope to see you again."
Abeke said holding her bow firm. I nodded.

"Bye." I waved. She waved back. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

The Next Morning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome young warriors." I hear Sal say. I had been sharpening the blade of my sword. I looked up to the door to see 4 kids walk in. They seemed familiar somehow. I felt Nullet tense behind me.

Sal placed a leather book on the shelf. "Now there is someone I want you to meet." He said to the 4. "This is Olivia and as you may see, she has summoned Nullet."

He reached for a photo on the shelf. It was very blurry and almost unreadable, but you could see the faint outline of a giant tiger, almost as large as Tellun. The photo was yellowish and there were tears along the edges.