Chapter 4

Sonakshi's POV

I shut the door close behind me. My thoughts were engulfing me from inside. The darkness of the room was worsening the situation even more. His words were pondering in my mind.

[Flashback: 1801]

I entered the hall with Ratan by my side. It was my first day of embracing the position of queen. From now on all my decisions would be as valuable as of the king. As I entered the hall, the entire hall filled with murmurs. Young and old, Brahmins and Kshatriyas, men and women - everyone gazed stunned at my loveliness. With lowered eyes, slowly I advanced towards the palanquin. I was proudly ashamed to be the target of so many lustful eyes. I wanted to hide my face in the veil. Somehow or the other I managed to reach the gold embossed dias and took my seat.

"O assembled learned ministers! Rani Padmini is now the queen of this kingdom of Amarkant. She is the finest beauty of all and is endowed with all desirable qualities. Soft spoken yet the most knowledgeable and well versed in the scriptures. She is the queen of Amarkant. From now on all her decisions shall be placed above of the king's. Her desires shall be foremost placed." He said. He had placed my dignity above of his.

"Rana Ratan Singh!" A loud hoarse voice interrupted my thoughts. He was the British General, Johnathan Gilbert. He usually came to the royal courts seeking permission for the trade. "We have the queen's orders, you have to allow us to trade or else we would cease your entire empire."

"Your queen's orders are meant for you. You may follow it but we don't. We have already declined your presence in this market. And this is my first and final decision. It's my empire and I will decide what has to happen here. Your queen is no one to interfere in our decisions."

Anger crept onto the General's face as he heard Ratan's decision. He smashed the statue which was just placed beside him. He eyed towards everyone present in the court. His eyes looked different this time. The eyes almost turned red looking fierce. The skin more pale than usual. "You will regret your decision someday." He said in a dreadful tone and left the court with an evil smirk on his face.

(Sonakshi's POV ends)

(In the colonial headquarters)

Jonathan was in his house. He was in deep thoughts as if he was planning conspiracies against Amarkant.

"Sir, what would we do now. The trade in Amarkant was quite profitable. What answer would we give tho the queen?"

"That bastard has insulted me by declining my offer. No one had ever dared to rebel against me. I won't spare him."

"What would you do sir?"

"Snatch his happiness!!"

"You mean his empire."

"His empire comes second. His ultimate happiness is in his queen. So what if I don't get the profits, I will take that Rani Padmini with me. I can't go back to England empty handed. That epitome of beauty shall be mine. Only mine."

(That night, in the Amarkant palace)

(Ratan's POV)

I entered the chamber. But I couldn't find Padmini there. The room was incomplete without her. The lanterns couldn't illuminate the room as her radiance does . The mirror didn't had her reflection. The breeze didn't flew her long tresses. It had been just a day, that I felt incomplete without her. I heard the swords sound in the practice chamber where I usually practice. I had denied anyone in my practice chamber. I entered the chamber and I saw the same alluring figure that had enchanted me, the one which I had craved for.

"Padmini! What are you doing here?" The sounds came to hault as my voice echoed her name in the chamber.

"Umm.. I was just practicing."

"You have great skills. Where did you learn this from?"

"From my father. He had always treated me the same like he had treated my brother."

"Wanna test how good you are at this?" I said taking my favourite sword in my hand and approaching towards her. I swooped the sword, trying to initiate the swordplay. But she stood rooted at her place. I swooped the sword once again and she flung the sword to ward off my attack. We were indulged in a series of striking and defending. I swapped the sword in the nick of the minute and put the sword around her neck from behind her back. Her breathes hitched as my warm breathes touched her skin. The fragrance of her skin drifted me to an another world which didn't go unnoticed but her. Taking the advantage she striked her turn and unarmed me within seconds. She was truly beauty with brains and exceptional skills.

"You shouldn't get distracted in the middle of the fight. A small mistake and you can lose your life." She said lifting up her eyebrows.

"Great! Perhaps I have to learn a lot of things from you. I have from now onwards we will practice together."

"We would do everything together."

"And never leave each other ever."

[Flashback ends]

************************

Phew....finally I got some time to write this chapter. I am sorry for the big big delay....

And I had a really hard time writing the sword play scene.....do comment if you liked it or not.

Precap - Devakshi on a coffee date.