Chapter 3

Dev's POV

I was in the balcony of my house, resting on the armchair, gazing at the stars. Today was different. Today I felt complete. I felt that my existence had a reason. I have met many girls but only when I met Sonakshi today, an unknown sensation thrilled. Those shimmering appealing eyes. The mahogany hair, short and straight. The pearl like teeth. The smile that shamed even lighting. Her beauty was depriving me of my senses. If she was the blue sky I would be the evening clouds enhancing its beauty. If was the waters of the blue lake then I would be the mountain ranges reflected in it. If she was the blue sea then I would be the tender moss on it. I wanted to be the very part of her life. Her thoughts took over me so much that I didn't even know when I fell into deep slumber of sleep.

The clock ticked away. It was half past four, I was sleeping when my eyes shut open in a jerk. Drops of sweat covered my forehead. The dream! Royal court - king - queen - throne - Sonakshi - Padmini - what kind of dream was that. What was I doing there in those silk royal clothes. And why was Sonakshi in my dream. Why were people calling her Padmini.......

The dream was quite daunting. I was having a rollercoaster ride within me. I just met her yesterday and no sooner I am getting strange screwy dreams. I have fallen for her and want her to be by my side forever, I should get romantic dreams but I am getting weird dreams. I should better stop watching the weird fantasy shows now.It was 7 in the morning. There's a meeting with Sonakshi at 9. I chucked off all the thoughts and went to office.

At sharp 8:55, Sonakshi was in the office. This girl had punctuality and professionalism in the nerves. The entire meeting I was admiring her beauty. The musical voice that came out of her mouth. Her ideas reflecting on the presentation slide. We talked only about work. I wanted to know about her. Her likes, dislikes, interests, everything about her. I initiated a talk.

"Umm....Miss Bose, can we take a break. Let's go for a coffee."

"Mr Dixit, I am here to work. I am not here with my friends on a day out. If you wish to leave, you may."

"No...No....I was just suggesting. We will go for coffee some other day."

"Mr Dixit, please leave aside the coffee and concentrate on the project."

"Yeah." I said with a disappointing look posted on my face. Oh my god! I will have hard time convincing this non-smiling lady.

Our meeting was over and we were leaving the office.

"Miss Bose, whom are you waiting for?"

"I....actually my car is not working....so I am looking for a taxi."

"Oh....May I drop you?"

"........"

"It's already late and you won't get any taxi at this time. It's okay I will drop you."

"Okay"

She accompanied me in the car. I drove slow so that I could get to spend more time with her. I turned on the music which made a bit romantic atmosphere.

"So, Miss Bose, since when are you in this city?"

"9 years.....but why do you ask?"

"No....just to know."

"Hmmm......what about you."

"Well actually I hail from Delhi. But after the death of my biological parents, my guardian parents moved to Mumbai."

"So...are your parents here now?"

"No....I live all alone.My parents have shifted to London."

Screeeech! The car halted with a jerk. I tried starting the car but all in vain.The car used to start with the roaring screeching sound and stop within seconds.

"Umm....I am sorry, Miss Bose.The car is not working. I think we have to go by foot."

"It's okay. I don't have any problem. After all we wouldn't get any taxi now."

We started walking towards her house. The day time in the city are all bustling with chattering and vehicle honks. But the nights are totally opposite, calm and peaceful.

"Miss Bose, can I say something?"

"Yes....please."

"Yesterday.....Umm..I dreamt about you.?"

"About me?" She asked quiet shockingly.

"It was a very weird dream."

"Weird!?...why what did you see?"

"I saw a royal court where I was sitted on the jewelled gold throne. I saw you entering the court. You looked like a queen.you came the say beside me." I said describing the dream. She looked flabbergasted. She had that look on her face that a child has when he is caught for a lie. She looked disturbed.

"I know...you might be thinking that I might be a lunatic who sharing some screwy dreams to you." I tried to ease out the situation. She said she was okay but I know she didn't mean it.She was in some other world unaware of now. She tripped over the stone and was about to fall. I caught hold of her. For an instance our eyes met. We gazed each other, diving into the depth of eyes. She immediately shrugged my hand and stepped back.

"Mr. Dixit.....I can go from here. It's okay you need not to accompany me till the doors. And if you take this route....you will have to walk longer to get to your house." She said and left immediately. Had I annoyed her? I saw her image fading away in the lone street.

************************

Precap - Flashback : the entry of British General John.

Target - 25 votes