Chapter 2

That day was the first night of union with my beloved. That night was special. It was the night my heart supremely craved.

Sakhi Nitambini accompanied me to the royal chamber. The bridal chamber was decorated elaborately that day. The doors and windows were beautified with garlands of blue lilies, champak and other fragrant flowers.

Leaving me in the room, shutting the door, the Sakhis left. Through the glittery pearl studded veil, I saw my beloved waiting.

How wonderful did he look. Tall, firm, well proportioned body, gentle beauty, bright eyes, a garland of white flowers round his neck, curly black locks picturing rain clouds, in his eyes the stillness of blue sea. I looked at him only once. My eyes fell in shyness though I wanted to gaze at that enchanting form for ever.

Very gently he left his seat and approached me. I stood still with a trembling heart. I took my eyes away from his. I fixed my eyes on my hands and feet. But even there on each gems adorning each finger and toe his reflection was shimmering. In the earrings, the ornaments on my forehead, the nose stud - everywhere his bejeweled form was reflected. In every limb of mine was thrilled, the body was covered with droplets of sweat. I felt I would faint on his mere touch.

Softly he said, "Padmini!" Such a gentle voice was his! "My supreme moments of happiness with you has come by. This time that I have been able to have you solely to myself, that remains the most precious period in my life....... The moment when I saw you I felt you were destined to be mine, only mine. It was during those moments that I felt myself to be the world's greatest hero. I thought if Sun rays and moonlight fall on you, I would remove even the Sun and the moon! If your pet deer and birds embraced you lovingly I would behead them! So much so that I even feel jealous of your necklace. Only this is my request: as long as I am before you, remove this necklace and this earrings. The necklace touches your breasts, the earrings touch your cheeks. How can I, as your husband tolerate this?" Taking my hand he seated me on the be-gemmed bed. He seated beside me unveiling the veil over my face. He started unhooking the earrings and necklace. The jeweled pieces slided down my body as if they were pieces of thrash which didn't had a value.

"You have won me. You have won my heart. I was that Padmini who considered her happiness, honor and pride more important but now I have you to be regarded as my most important."

His warm hands were undressing my silk garments. I laid there unashamed of nudity in front of him allowing him to send me into the world of ecstasy.

"God has given you a body of unprecedented loveliness and a heart full of goodness. You are exquisitely beautiful! Thick hair like the waves of ocean and large entrancing eyes radiant with intelligence! Like an image sculpted by the world's greatest sculptor. Tall, well formed breasts, narrow waist, plantain-stalk-like round firm thighs, fingers and toes like champak petals. The serpentine loveliness of your hair would imprison even the breeze into stillness." He said as he explored my beauty. Our bodies might be different but now our souls were forever one. The lanterns in the royal bedroom extinguished as the cold breeze entered the room through the magnificently decorated windows. The moonlight, the cold breeze, the chirping birds, the white glowing night flowers of Amarkant kingdom stood as the witness of our lovemaking.

[Flashback ends]

Sonakshi stood there rooted holding the necklace in her hand. Pearl like tears trailed down her subtle cheeks as she remembered their ecstatic lovemaking. All these years she had craved for him.

"I have know the truth of his arrival. I cannot lose him this time. We had promised to be by the side for ever. This time I will not leave his side like a coward."......

************************

Guys so sorry this was a short chapter and I hope this wasn't a boring one.....and I will surely add Dev's POV in the next chapter.....do give reviews if you want alterations in my writing style.

Precap - Dev falling for Sonakshi..... Devakshi moments

Target - 25 votes