Prologue

At Dixit Enterprises

Dev is in his chamber, continuously typing in the laptop. Just then there was a knock on the door and the door slided open. Tina, Dev's assistant, entered.

"Sir, Miss Bose has arrived for the meeting." said Tina.

"I am coming in few minutes.Tell her to wait." He said shutting down the laptop and started gathering the documents and cross checking it. He started walking towards the conference hall. His footsteps echoed in the lonely corridor that led to the conference hall.

SONAKSHI POV:

Since last ten minutes I had been waiting in the dark conference hall with the presentation slide on acting as the only source of light there. With me were 5 other people in the hall having different smell of blood. That smell was distracting me. I hated my reality. I hated being a monster. I still couldn't accept myself as the destroyer of humankind. But that's what I had destined to become. The 216 year old ageless vampire who hates being what she is.

The emotional dilemma was eating me up inside. I was too impatient. I wanted to get out of the hall as soon as possible.

"How much time Will it take Miss Tina. This is the height of nonprofessional-ship. We are late by 15 minutes."

"We are sorry ma'am. Sir Will be here very soon." She answered politely. I hated being rude to people but the hatred for myself was build up to an extent that it gets vented out on others.

My thoughts were interrupted by an sweet alluring fragrance of blood. The footsteps echoed in my ears as they neared towards the door. As the door opened, I could see a dark silhouette masculine figure. The darkness didn't permit me to see the face.The smell stronger as he came and took the seats besides me.

Since ages I had been feeding animal blood. But this alluring smell was so tempting that I could not control myself. I didn't wanted to be a monster who feeds on human beings. I wanted to get out of the conference hall as soon as possible.

"Mr. Dixit. We are already late by 20 minutes.Shall we start?"

"Sure." said that sweet voice. His voice reflected sweetness, care and responsibility. His voice played as a music to my ears. The voice reminded me of someone. Someone very close to me, someone whom I loved eternally.

"Miss Bose, Shall we start?" he said bringing me out of my trance. Before I could drift into my flashes. I started my presentation. Throughout the presentation the shadowy figure was reminding me of him. After 216 years I was getting those feelings back. The presentation got over and the lights switched on.

I decided to permit myself a glance at Mr. Dixit. I lifted my head up and glanced at him under my lashes. At that very precise moment, his eyes flashed over me. That face. It was him. He exactly looked like him. I saw that face after 216 long years, the one whom I loved. The one who died because of me. The one who suffered because of me.

"Ratan....." , the only word that came out of my mouth, barely a whisper. I could not speak anything.

*********************************

Precap - Sonakshi going into the flashbacks.....Marriage of Padmini and Ratan.

Target - 20 votes