Chapter 1

"Ratan....", the only word I could speak, barely a whisper. I couldn't speak anything. I stood there numb.

He started walking towards me. The flashes of Ratan flashed in front of my eyes. My feet were rooted to the ground as he approached towards towards me.The face that I hadn't seen since ages was just a little distance away from me.

"I like the presentation Miss Bose."

"Glad you liked it." I said, suppressing my feelings and hiding the truth. A lie can hide the truth but it cant change the truth. And the truth is, I am a vampire and I hate it.

"I am ready for the collaboration, Miss Sonakshi Bose.It will be pleasure working with you." He said forwarding his hand for an handshake. I gave him a gentle handshake.

"Your hands are cold Miss Bose."

"No, its nothing....Its just the air conditioning."I said with a tight lipped smile pasted on my face. Smiling doesn't always mean that you are happy.Sometimes, it simply means that you are a strong person. I had to be strong to know him. And this collaboration is the only way I could get to know about him, about his past.

"I must leave.. I am getting late." I said and left the conference hall. I wanted to be home. I wanted to be alone. Its better to be alone so that no one hurts you.

As soon as I returned home. I searched throughout the room for the necklace. The necklace which Ratan had given me. The one which I wore on the wedding day. I searched for it in the cupboards, in the drawers but I couldn't find it. How could I misplace that necklace. That necklace was passed from generation to generation. This was the ancestral necklace of his clan which was given to the bride.

I finally found the necklace in the store room. As I saw the gold necklace embedded with red jewels I remembered the day I was given that.

[Flashback: 1801]

The wedding festivities were going on. The royal highway was a tree flanked avenue. Resplendent with new leaves, flowers and loaded with fruit the trees looked like the decked up city woman. The cuckoos, parakeets, starlings, thrushes had all got the wind of celebrations. With their heart stealing songs they were fulfilling their duty by joining in the music for the ceremony. The onlookers were fascinated by the swans gracefully swimming in the crystal clear ponds. There was not a cloud in the sky. Yet at places peacocks were dancing, participating in the dancing of the celebrations. The entrance to the hall was decorated with many colored flowers. Holding garlands in golden trays for greeting the guests, lovely maidens still stood waiting.

My sakhis had decorated me in many ways. Red clothing and flowers covered my whole body. Sandalwood and heady perfume mingling with the lotus scent of my body were capable of perfuming the entire hall. They had adorned me with diamonds. Accompanied by my sakhis I was taken to the wedding palanquin where my groom was seated. His eyes are like blue lilies. Like the resplendent sapphire blue of peacock feathers is his hair. And his lips curved, lovely like agastya flowers. Hands and feet like lotus buds, chest broad as blue sky; his voice like a cuckoo's spring call: the fragrance of his body like henna and his form darkly tender yet tall as a champak tree. My heart started aching with a peculiar surge of emotion.

The royal priest placed my hand in the hands of Ratan. With the fire as the witness, I married him, swore vows "With the body, speech and mind, I am all yours, only yours. I shall not deceive you. Being the bride I shall not deceive this clan and shall ever protect it. Thrice do I say this is the truth." I was then worn the royal necklace that forever marked me as the protector of the self respect of the clan.

******************************************

I am sorry readers for being a bit late but I had assignments and work lined up. Sorry for the late update and disappointing you. I also wanted a suggestion. The story is mostly on Sonakshi's POV so comment below if you want Dev's POV also.

Precap- First night of union with Ratan

Target - 25 votes