Chapter 11 ✓

Trigger Warning:
This chapter has mature themes which might make some of you uncomfortable. They come by the end of this chapter so be sure to skip the last part, if that's the case.

"This one!" I almost screamed.

Those standing in the shop near me turned their faces around to look at me.

I sheepishly smiled in return.

"Great choice! Even better than your Christmas outfit," Amanda said with adoration in her eyes.

"Yeah. A perfect blend of red and black. OmigoshIJustLoveTheShimmeringOnTheBlackSkirt."

After deciding that this was the dress I was going to wear on the New Year's Eve, I called over to the attendant.

Me, Shenili, Amanda and Flossa had been on the New Year's Dress raid since after the Christmas and of course, it took me the most time to chose one and it was already the thirtieth of December!

Oh, I was so excited for the Party at the college and the dance!

'Stop getting excited. It's getting annoying!' An inner voice exclaimed angrily.

'Shut up. New Year's Eve doesn't come every year.'

'Yeah. Exactly!' I could feel my inner self rolling its eyes on me.

'Oops.'

I mentally chatted with myself till my dress got packed.

We exited the shop and at its door, I bumped into someone and fell backwards. My shopping bag too fell on the floor.

I angrily got up and shouted, "Where the hell are your eyes? Sick idiot!"

There stood Pascal, a very hot classmate. He had his hair set in a weird style and was wearing jeans and a black T-shirt. And may I say it again, he was very hot!

"I am so sorry Denae. That was totally an accident. I'll just pick it up for you."

"As if that's gonna make it up for the embarrassment of me falling in front of the whole world."

"What can I do to make it up to you My Lady?" He said feigning sweetness while handing me the bag.

"Nothing!" My voice boiled with anger. Why did he have to be so flirtatious?

"Hmm. What about a dance with me tomorrow night?"

"Not a chance!"

"I insist."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes."

"Perfect." He laughed.

"Damn. I hate this thing!"

"Well, you just agreed. Let's see if Miss-I-Rule-The-World stands by her words or not."

"I do!"

"Then I'll wait for you, princess."

With those words, he walked away towards the elevator. My gaze lingered behind him until he disappeared behind its doors.

"What was that about?" Flossa asked.

"I have no idea." I was still dumbfounded at what happened. I had signed up for something I didn't even ask for, not that it was so bad.