f o u r

lafayette

The sisters came in, eyes bright and smiles stretching across their faces. Lafayette's gay ass felt almost straight for a second.

"Mon ami," the Frenchman said in a low voice to Hercules, "they're... how you say... hot." Lafayette knew he'd butchered the words, but before he could laugh at it, he noticed the Irish roommate's face was... something along the lines of disappointment. Lafayette tried to ignore it.

The girl in the blue sundress smiled pleasantly, her bright eyes focusing on Alexander in particular. Lafayette snorted at this.

The girl in the salmon crop-top nudged the blue girl and greeted them sweetly. Kind of. "Hello, new guys." She gestured to Alex and Lafayette. "I'm Angelica Schuyler. These are my sisters, Eliza and—"

The girl Lafayette hadn't noticed—who was wearing a yellow miniskirt and a black shirt—said loudly, "and Peggy!"

It looked like she'd rehearsed that.

Angelica added after a pause, "Her name is Margarita. She prefers Peggy. And if you hurt any of them—emotionally or physically—I will kill everyone you love and then yourself." And then she grinned.

Alexander smiled, and Lafayette copied him.

"Hello. I'm Alexander Hamilton." He took Eliza's hand and kissed it, winking at her. He noticed John Laurens stiffen beside him.

"Bonjour, mon ami. J'ai appelé Lafayette. Tu es?" He grinned, knowing that the trio wouldn't understand his French.

Alexander translated for him. "He said, 'Hello, my friend. My name is Lafayette. You are?'"

Lafayette frowned, shoving Alex half-heartedly. "You ruined the fun," he joked in his thick accent. Alex rolled his eyes good-humored.

And Hercules and John said nothing for a moment, before John grinned at Peggy. "Hi, you guys. It's cool having more friends, right?"

He glanced back at Alexander, who shifted, confused. So was Lafayette.

Peggy squealed and hugged him. "I'm his BEST FRIEND!!"

Hercules didn't move, and worry pumped its way into Lafayette's brain. "Herc? You okay?"

He glanced at Lafayette and offered him a small smile. "Yeah."

hercules

No, good sir, he was not okay, and if you knew him, you would know that.

Hercules knew he was overreacting, but he was annoyed. Lafayette had just called the sisters 'hot.' Which they were.

But didn't that mean Lafayette was straight? He couldn't be. All those dreams Hercules had were not—

He shook the thought away. "I'm totally okay. Go... uH... go make friends."

Lafayette nodded slowly, muttering something in French, and hopped toward Angelica.

Eliza was having a conversation with Alexander, and by the looks of it, they were having fun.

He was jealous.

john

John Laurens had expected the sisters to buddy up with Alex, friend-zone him, and then John could have Alexander all to himself.

But no. Nothing turns out the way it should.

So that left John sitting alone in the corner watching Alexander Hamilton openly flirt with Elizabeth Schuyler.

Fuck me.

John stood up and grabbed Hercules by the arm. "Can I talk to you??" he hissed urgently.

Hercules nodded. "UH, sure. Anything to get out of here."

And off they went, to rant about "all the hot guys being straight."