[ 15 ] Captain of the Ship

Date Published: Saturday, May 27th, 2017

Word Count: 2056

Song: Believer by Imagine Dragons

----------

Tuesday, July 19th, 2016

3:17pm

 "Blondie, get over here," Louis demanded as Niall entered the CD store.

"I don't have time for this," Niall mumbled, but following the request nonetheless.

"Yes, yes, I know you would much rather be having some skin on skin contact with Liam but-"

"W-what? No, not yet I mean, but-"

"You don't want to hold hands with Liam? That's a shame, I heard that he was going to try and make a move on you," Louis smirked.

"Really? When?" Niall asked excitedly.

"I'll tell you after I-"

"Yeah, yeah, after I help you with your problem," Niall interrupted Louis quickly. He wanted to get through this as quick as possible so he could talk about Liam, and then meet up with Liam like he had planned.

"Isn't that considered cheating on your boyfriend?" Louis winked, thrusting in a joking manner.

"Ugh, I mean help you with whatever the hell you called me over here for. And Liam's not my boyfriend!" Niall protested.

"I never said anything about Liam," Louis sassed.

"Just get to the point, you cunt," Niall replied.

"Alright, alright."

Louis took a deep breath. He felt weird talking about this to Harry's best friend, mainly because he felt that Niall would just blab about it to Harry, but he had no other choice.

"So, you said Harry is gay?" Louis questioned, leaning on the counter.

"That I did," Niall said, quirking an eyebrow.

"And are you lying?"

"Why would I?"

Louis was beyond confused. Here was a guy, claiming to be Harry's best friend, and stating that the curly-haired boy was as straight his curls. But just a few days ago, Harry screamed that he wasn't gay. Louis wouldn't be surprised it people in America heard it.

"He said he wasn't gay," Louis muttered, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"When?" Niall asked.

"In the food court that day, when that Zayn guy was talking to you two."

Niall finally remembered Louis being there that day. How nervous he looked walking up to Harry. How he ran away after Harry practically screamed that he was straight to avoid getting bullied by Zayn. And how upset Harry was to see Louis crying afterwards.

Niall now knew that Louis liked Harry, and Harry liked Louis. Now, he was going to try and play matchmaker. After all, he wasn't named captain of the ship for nothing.

"So, are you in the closet or out?"

"Me? Well, I'm out of the closet, but not many people know because I'm not what you would classify as popular," Louis admitted.

"You mean stuck up, arrogant, and mean? Because you sure fit the checklist, mate," Niall teased.

"Shut up before I knock your teeth out," Louis threatened.