Chapter Eighteen

When we walk in there we see "Stiff" written in red on Tris and I's bed, everywhere. Automatically I know who did this so I wait for Tris to catch on. "Nice decoration." says Peter.

     "Did we do something to you that we're unaware of?" asks Tris.

     "I don't know if you haven't noticed but we're on. the same faction now." I say angrily.

     "I don't know what you guys are referring to and we will never be in the same faction." he says the last part more towards me. I just want to punch him right then and there, but I know I'll get in trouble. Me and Tris just ignore and start working on getting this crap off our bunk. Al walks in and starts helping us without even being asked, seems like something an Abnegation would do.

     "Ignore him, he's an idiot, and if you guys don't get angry, he'll eventually stop." says Al.

     "I know it's kind of hard to ignore though." I say.

     "Yeah. Did you talk to Will? After..... you know." asks Tris. Man I completely forgot about Will. I need to go check on him later.

     "Yeah, he's fine. He isn't angry. Now I'll always be remembered as the first guy who knocked someone out cold."

     "Not the best name to live with." I say.

     "There are worst ways to be remembered by. At least they won't antagonize you." says Tris. I know how she feels Abnegation is always being antagonized.

     "There are better ways too." he elbows us in the side. "Being the first two jumpers and being from Abnegation."

     "One of you had to be knocked out, you know. If it hadn't been him, it would have been you."

     "Or your guy's fate would have been like Christy's."

     "Still I really don't want to do it again." Al pauses. "I really don't."

     "But you have to." says Tris, as she says that we enter the training room. I look at the board and I'm against Myra, this should be easy. I notice Tris shake and I look at her name and she's against Peter. I just wrap my arm around her and say, "Its ok." She just looks up and smiles.

     "Oh no. Are they serious?" says Christina. "They're gonna make you fight him?" She sounds like she has no faith in Tris.

     "Maybe you can take a few hits then act like your unconscious, nobody will blame you." says Al.

     "Guys have some hope in Tris." I say.

     "No they're right, but thanks anyway Dawn." says Tris. Me and Myra fight first so we get in position, neither of us talk so we just go ahead and fight. I punch first and hit her in the jaw, hard, she drops on the ground, but gets right back up. What I see I can't believe I did, I broke her jaw. She tries to drop kick me, but I jump up and dodge, right when I land I drop kick her and she falls. When she falls she's knocked out. I just won my first fight.

     "Get her up. Good job Stiff." says Eric. "Four will help you bring her to the infirmary.