Chapter Seven

"You chose us. Now we have to choose you." Eric says," Choose your bed and get settled in." We walk into the dormitory and Tris and Christina come up behind me.

     "Hey Dawn, Do you want to bunk together?" asks Tris,"I mean it only makes since that Abnegations stick together."

     "Sure." I reply.

     We start getting settled in and I called top bunk and Tris agreed. "It's going to be weird sleeping in the same room as a boy, because I never have." says Tris.

     "I've slept in the same room as a boy, but that was a long time ago." I say. I try to fall asleep but memories of when I was little start flooding back. Mostly the one when I would have nightmares, I would go to Four crying in the middle of the night and he would let me crawl in bed with him, because I was scared of our dad and our mother died not long after I was born.

     I try to sleep, but all I hear is this kid named Al cry. After a while though I get to sleep.

-----------------------------------------

     I wake up, when everyone else is asleep and remember I have to meet Four. I realize I don't know where the training room is then I notice a little map at the bottom of the paper. I get up pull on some shoes and sneak out the door and follow the directions to get to Four. After taking a couple of turns I see Four.

     "What took you so long?" asks Four with a bit of laughter in his voice.

     "Sorry I'm a normal person who has to sleep." I answer, "Love you bub."

     "Love you too sis." Four says hugging me, which kind of surprises me considering my brother isn't the lubby dubby kind of person.

     "I have a question." I say.

     "What is it?"

     "Why do they call you Four?" I ask.

     "You'll find that out soon." he answers,"Right now though you need to go back to the dorms, but before you go I need to ask you, what were your test results?"

     "You know I can't tell you that."

     "Please tell me so I can tell if I need to protect you or not." he pleads.

     "Fine. I'm Divergent." I answer in a hushed whisper,"Also before I go. Should I keep you being my brother a secret?"

     "Yes, that would be best right now. Now go to the dormitory before someone notices your not there." I do as he says and go to the dorms and go back to sleep.