"Were these holes, uh -- I don't know -- 6 feet deep?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at the bags.

"No. She dug for hours. She never broke a sweat. Straight down 10, maybe 15 feet," Mr. Morton explained.

"Did you notice anything else?" Sam asked.

"I didn't say anything to the cops 'cause I didn't want them to think I was crazy." He paused as he looked at the three of us. "After Ann came home, I came down here to confront her, and she was on the phone."

"Any idea who she was talking to?" Dean asked him.

"No. But I know what I saw. And it wasn't my Annie." He shook his head. "After I called her out, her eyes... they turned black. Now, I-I know I must have imagined it. I know I did. But I-I left. I went to the bar, probably had too much to drink, and by the time I came back... " He paused and sighed. "...my Annie was, uh..." He couldn't say the word. "I should have stayed. I should have protected her." He took in a breath. "I'm moving into my sister's place today. I can't be here anymore."

"Sure. Well, um, thank you very much for your time. We're very sorry for your loss," Sam told him and we left the house.

EXT. MORTON HOUSE - DAY DEAN

"So, somebody's killing demons." We walked down the stairs to the sidewalk. "Well, that is awesome. I feel like we should send a card or flowers. What kind of flower says "thanks for killing demons"?" Dean said with some amusement in his voice.

"Yeah, but who's killing demons? And why?" I looked at them over my shoulder as I licked my lips. "And, by the way, since when does a demon possess someone, then go all "Beautiful Mind" and -- and start digging in the dirt? Does any of this seem right to you?" I asked as I leaned on the Impala.

"I like the part about killing demons. That sounds right." Dean told us. Sam sighed and we got in the Impala and drove off.

EXT. RESIDENTIAL AREA - DAY

"Sure. Of course." Sam was talking on his cellphone as the Impala comes to a stop in a residential area, the engine is shut off. "Well, thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate the time." We got out of the car and closed the doors. "All right. Bye." Sam closes his cellphone. "So, real-estate guy's wife said he was acting weird. Uh, historian's hubby said the same -- just got all obsessive and then weird. No one saw any black eyes, but still, where there's smoke, you know..." we walked up to a nice house. "I wonder what they're all looking for."

"Well, Wendy Rice here was the last person to speak with Ann, so let's see if she can tell us." Sam knocked on the door of the house. A woman with her hair covered with large blue and purple curlers opens the door.

"Special Agent Lynne. These are my partners, Special Agent Tandy and Stark." We showed our badges. "We'd like to ask you a few questions about Ann Morton."

"Oh." She chuckles self-consciously, plays with a curler. "Uh, uh, uh, of course. Please come in. I had never met her before she called the other night." We walked in and sat down as she set down a few cups of tea.

"Now, why was she calling you?" I asked, sitting up straighter.

"She was looking to find an original map of the city." She told us.

"Did she say what for?" Sam asked her.

"Well, she -- she didn't, but she did mention an -- an old orchard that had gone missing," She told us which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"Missing?" Dean asked.

"This -- this town was wiped from the earth by one of the river's 100-year floods. It was -- it was rebuilt. But all the original records were -- were lost." She smiles, plays with her curler again. "I'm -- I'm a PhD candidate. And this -- this is my research. I, uh... My dissertation is -- is on the history of this town and, uh, its connection to the Underground Railroad and -- and -- and whatnot." She eagerly hops up, brings over a bright pink binder, pulls out a map. "I've been working to re-create a map for years as part of my research, and this -- this is the old Jakubiak orchard there." She points to a section of the map. "I found out yesterday it's where Downey meets Bond Street."

"Now, did Ann say why she was looking for the site of an old orchard?" Sam asked her

"No. We -- we set a time to meet, and she never showed." She shrugged with a sad smile. "Then I read about her in the paper. It's just tragic. Ann's assistant called this morning, though, asking if I still had the map."

"Assistant?" We then heard several knocks on the front door.

"Oh. That's probably him. Maybe he can help." She gets up to answer the door, we followed, I could hear a dog barking in the distance. "Oh. Are -- are you -- " She has opened the door to find four men standing there. Their eyes go demon black when we showed up behind Wendy. She screamed.

The three demons barge in and a fight erupts. Wendy is flung into the living room, she smashes into the coffee table. The demon who had tossed her grabs the map, then runs out the door. Dean pulls out the demon-killing knife, just before he stabs one of the demons, black smoke erupts from the demon's mouth and flies into Wendy's mouth, possessing her, her eyes turn black. She gets up and runs towards another door, Dena ran after her. Meanwhile Sam and I are fighting off the other two and is being bested them, when suddenly the demon is burned out by Castiel who tosses the body aside. Castiel stood there holding Wendy by her curlers.