Hey Arnold

According to The Hey Arnold Theory the true story behind Hey Arnold starts with the city that he lives in.

The city the real Arnold lives in is actually a mostly poor area of New York and the real Arnold is just a poor orphan living with his grandparents Gertie and Phil.

Well, at least he believes he’s an orphan.

In reality he is the child of his so-called grandparents Gertie and Phil. Gertie and Phil are mentally unstable and told Arnold a lie that his real parents, of normal age, were lost after a plane crash.

Because Gertie and Phil were very old when they made Arnold, he was born with a few conditions. One of them is Hydrocephalus and that’s the reason his head has such an odd shape.

The type of Hydrocephalus Arnold suffers from is called Arnold Chiari Syndrome and that’s the reason the show’s creator decided to call the boy in the show Arnold.

In his life the real Arnold is constantlybeing bullied for his oddly shaped head. This is where another condition that he has comes in. Because of Gertie and Phil’s very old age Arnold suffers from several psychological conditions that makes him see things that aren’t there.

And since he’s bullied a lot he prefers to escape into an imaginary world… with imaginary friends.

That’s the reason the other characters in Hey Arnold have weird shaped heads too. It makes him feellike he’s normal and no one can pick on him because of his head.

So how did all this become a tv show? According to The Hey Arnold Theory the creator of the show got lost in New York one night, and since it was getting pretty late he decided to just find the closest hotel and stop there.

While doing this he came across a nine year old boy, a child of two people who were clearly too old to be having kids.

The creator of the show saw that the boy was mentally unstable and believed in all the things that he had made up, and so decided to sit and talk with him.

He felt really sorry when he discovered that the boy only had imaginary friends. He felt like he needed to do something, so he asked the boy if he could tell his storyand promised that he’d use it to make sure the boy’s life would get better.

But the creator of the show didn’t keep his word. He just used the sad and strange story to make a tv show, which became very popular. He got richand didn’t care anymore about the boy who was still suffering back in the poor neighborhood.

I never watched this show... but the theory is depressing.