"I'm just teasing, Kath," he smirked at me. "You looked like it was true for a moment."

"I did not! Honestly, Aaron, I thought you were more mature than that." Huffing, I reached over to try and punch him in the shoulder playfully. Aaron twisted away, and I lost my balance and fell on my face again, leaving Aaron in hysterics.

"Again, Kath? Gosh, I didn't know I was that hot." Aaron laughed until his face turned red. "Oh, Kath, you're so funny."

"Aaron, you're such a douche." I crawled back up and slapped his shoulder playfully. "Did you come not to rescue me but to poke fun at me?"

"No, no, Kath, I did come to rescue you," Aaron chuckled. "But you're too funny-looking for me to not laugh."

"I—what? Funny-looking?!" My voice went shrill.

"You should have seen yourself. Your mouth was hanging open like 'Oh my gosh he guessed my thoughts. Oh no how did he know I was in love with him?'" Aaron doubled over in laughter again. Honestly, what was with guys and their weird humor?

"Aaron! I was not—I did not—ugh!" Frustrated, I punched his shoulder, but Aaron merely turned the other way and continued laughing. I landed more punches, and then suddenly Aaron had grabbed my wrists and pushed me back onto the floor.

I blinked, unsure of when Aaron reacted so quickly. I was dimly aware of the straw poking my back and the cold dirt floor beneath my head, but what mesmerized me was Aaron's playful eyes that were mere inches above mine. His bangs dangled in front of his face, which loomed above mine. I caught a whiff of mint, like the poultices Rachel made for my wound.

"No, no, Kath, no punching the handsome dude," Aaron grinned evilly at me. "You'll hurt me."

"Please, Aaron." I rolled my eyes. "Your muscles can't be that weak."

"Well you have fists of iron, so my flesh will be no match for you," Aaron replied, gazing intently into my eyes. I blinked some more, feeling myself flush again. Why do I always end up on the floor? It was the third time in a matter of hours!

"Actually, no, I'm stronger, because a gentle shove made you fall again." Aaron changed his mind. I stared back up at him, wondering if I could shove him back when he was still pinning my wrists down.

"A gentle shove? Aaron, you pushed me."

"Yeah. A gentle shove."

"No, it was a harsh push. What if I got a concussion from the impact? I could've broken my arms or something." I huffed. "I thought real men don't hit girls?"

"I didn't hit you. Besides, if you actually were to get hurt I would've caught you." Aaron dipped his head, leaning down closer to me. My breath hitched in my throat. "You're just fun to play around with."

"Now wait a second mister, who said anything about—"

"Katherine? Aaron?" An unsure voice sounded from outside the bars, as if afraid that they were intruding on something. Aaron released my wrists and I rolled out from underneath him, kicking him in the shins as payback for pushing me. Brushing the dirt from my clothes, I looked up to see Ashley standing on the other side of the bars.

Aaron and I both stood up. "What do you want?" Aaron growled, all the playfulness gone from his face. "Haven't you tormented us enough?"

"I..." Ashley looked to me instead. "Katherine, can you come here for a second?"

"Don't go," Aaron said harshly. "It's a trick."