Chapter 14

The Human Mind is Not a Terribly logical or Consistent place

Chapter 14

I stood aboard the enterprise listening to the people above me. Kirk and Leo were currently distracting the alien race while Uhura, Spock, and Sulu were fixing the volcano. I laughed listening to Leo and Kirk run one after what would be their ride and the other from the species we were trying to save. Kirk stopped short pulling out his weapon and stunning the creature Leo was running after, “Dammit, man! That was our ride! You just stunned our ride!” Leo yelled.

“Ah, Great,” Kirk said through deep breaths. The species was getting closer to them and they took off running towards the cliff.

“What the hell did you take?” Leo asked running behind the captain.

“I have no idea, but they were bowing to it,” Kirk replied opening his communicator. “Kirk to shuttle one, locals are out of the damage zone. Spock, get in there, neutralize the volcano and let’s get out of here,” Kirk yelled into to communicator.

“We have to do this now! I told the captain the shuttle wasn’t built for this kind of heat,” Sulu said as they readied for the drop.

“Captain, did the indigenous life form see you?” Spock asked.

“Spock he is clear they haven’t seen him. . . yet,” I replied into the communicator.

“The Prime Directive clearly states there can be no interference in the internal development of the civilization,” Spock replied.

“I know what it says! Which is why I’m running through the jungle wearing a disguise!” Kirk yelled back slightly out of breath as him and Leo continued running. “Now drop off your super ice cube and let’s go! Kirk out!” Kirk yelled hanging up the communicator.

“You’re good,” Uhura said to Spock who got ready with the device.

“If we’re gonna do this, we’ve got to do this now!” Sulu told Spock, “The ash is killing our coils,” Sulu finished trying to hurry Spock up as he sat down in the driver seat.

“You sure you don’t want me to go instead?” Uhura asked Spock.

“That would be highly illogical as I am already outfitted. . .” Spock said before Uhura rushed in her nervous getting the best of her.

“Spock, I was kidding,” She said before kissing the glass of his helmet. “You got this.”

“Guys!, we have to go! NOW!” Sulu yelled back at them.

“Kirk and leo were running as the species through spears at there fleeing forms. “They’re trying to kill us!” Leo yelled at Kirk. “They’re trying to kill us, Jim!” Leo yelled again as a spear flew over his head.

“I’ll see you in 90 seconds,” Uhura told Spock before moving to her seat in the front the doors closing behind her so they could drop Spock down.

“Do it, do it,” Sulu told Uhura who was holding the drop lever. She slammed it forward and watch ashes fly up where Spock once stood.

“Spock be quick and careful,” I explained.

“I know doctor,” he replied softly falling through the air.

“I can’t hold this position. Spock I’ve got to pull you back up,” Sulu explained as the ship beeped.

“Negative. This is our only chance to save this species,” Spock replied with persistence. “If this volcano erupts the planet dies.”

“Pull him back up, Sulu. We aren’t losing Spock over a routine mission,” I ordered.