Chapter 1

Another day, another school day.
I rolled out of bed, my grey sheets seeming so tempting to climb back into.
Why I got out of bed, I had no idea. What was the point if we were just gonna go back to sleep in 15 or so hours anyway? I really didn't get it.
I checked my phone, Wednesday, May 25th. Great. Still half of the week to go.
I hopped out of bed, only wanting to crawl back in. But hey, I have to get to school somehow. My mom will kill me if I don't. It's not like she doesn't hate me anyway.
I hopped in the shower, the warm water waking me up. It's not coffee, but hey, it's something.
When I got out, I changed into a Twenty Øne Pilots shirt, black skinny jeans, and slipped on some black Converse. I dashed on some makeup, keeping the colors neutral, as always around my brown eyes. I brushed my long, dark brown hair just so I wouldn't look like a wreck.
After I was done getting ready, I ran into the kitchen to get a Pop-Tart. I sat at the kitchen table, eating and scrolling through Instagram. I saw Taylor's latest post. It was from yesterday in the afternoon. It was a picture of a gay pride flag and the description wrote: Love Wins. Discrimination is demolition. Taylor always stood up for herself, and for the rights of others. I made sure to leave a like.
  I checked the time. It was 7:15. I should get going. School was a 10 minute walk from my place, so I should be able to catch up with Taylor before we have to get to class.
  I grabbed my galaxy jacket, my backpack covered in pins, my phone and earbuds and headed out the door. Just after I locked up the house, I started playing Panic! At The Disco's I Write Sins Not Tragedies. It was an oldie, but a classic.

-----------------Timeskip------------------

  I arrived at school, pausing my music and taking my earbuds out. I stood at the place where Taylor and I always meet before school, under the huge pine tree in the back. Of course we could go inside and kill time until 8:00, but that's where everybody else hangs out, and I'm too antisocial for that. Plus, you can't hear a goddamn thing in there with the hallways so crowded.
Just as I settled against Edna (our nickname for the tree), Taylor pulled up in her Hybrid. She's all about rights and saving the environment, I wasn't surprised when she got her first car she bought one that ran on less fuel.
A little about Taylor before you meet her, she's not much like me. We shock people as we're best friends. She always tries to wear a rainbow something, and she acts so gay, I basically came out to myself for her. She protests a bunch, mostly for gay rights (because she's a raging lesbian cough cough) that I also participate in (because I'm bisexual and proud) and blogs her life on the internet. Wether it be Tumblr or Instagram, she's a social media addict. She has shoulder length, choppy blonde hair and eyes as blue as the ocean.
She got out of her car and jogged up to me, green backpack and all. Today she had on a Love Wins t shirt and some camo skinny jeans with rainbow earrings. What did I say? She loves supporting the cause.
"Hey Jess." I cringe at the childhood nickname.
"Oh my lord stop I thought that name died years ago." I say chuckling.
"Nope I'm bringing it back." she says doing jazz hands.
"Okay then but until it's burned alive I'm never gonna take you seriously."
"I can live with that."
"No I thought you were gonna die." I say sarcasm dripping from my voice.
"Maybe I would. You never know." she states shrugging her shoulders.
"Oh shut up." I say checking my phone. "We should get in the building, classes start in 10."
"Okay." Taylor agrees. We start walking towards the school.

A/N: 693 words woo! This is the most I've written all at once yet! Hope you like my story! I tried to make it more detailed than my other one. Let me know what you think! Hopefully I'll remember to keep updating this but no promises. I'm really gonna try to finish this one! I have it planned out and everything. All I have need is motivation and time at this point! And as always IM OWT! (Btw the picture above is supposed to be Jessica)