Chapter 23 - Revelations

Start from the beginning

Mia's eyes widened. "When?"

"That time we fell asleep on your couch. It was all I could think about. I should have just told you then, but I was afraid you didn't feel the same. I didn't want to scare you away, but I guess I ended up doing it anyway," he said regretfully.

"That was my fault, Leo. Not yours. I was afraid too and pushed you away, instead of admitting my true feelings. In the back of my head, I always knew I was in love with you."

He kissed her again. "Well, we somehow managed to get it right this time," he said looking at her adoringly.

"Yeah," she said, even though she wasn't completely convinced yet. She shifted in her seat and grimaced at her still aching body.

"What is it, Mia?" he asked all concerned.

Of course he would catch that. "Nothing. I'm just a little...sore. It'll pass," she said blushing.

His eyes flew open. "I'm sorry, baby. You should have told me."

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I'll be fine."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't be uncomfortable," he said pressing the call button for the stewardess.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting something for you. I wish I could run you a hot bath, but I don't have that option right now."

She blushed even deeper. "Leo, it's okay. Really."

He leaned into her and ran his knuckles down her cheek. "Was I too rough last night? Please be honest with me," he whispered into her ear.

"No, Leo. You were perfect. It was amazing. It's just been a while," she confessed.

He seemed to relax at her answer. "I realized that," he said, surprisingly smiling.

"You like that it's been a while?" she asked curiously.

He nodded almost eagerly. "You chose me." He cupped her cheek and ran his thumb over her lips. "It was so real...you were so sweet and innocent. I loved every moment of it."

She looked down in embarrassment. Their conversation was becoming more heated by the minute.

"How long has it been, Mia?"

She peeked up at him momentarily. "About a year and a half."

"I thought you said you broke up with your ex before coming here," he asked confused.

"I did. We just didn't...he stopped after...he didn't touch me at the end," she said with extreme difficulty.

"How is that even possible? What a fucking moron. I can't believe this guy," he said shaking his head angrily. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Mia, you deserve to be loved and cherished every day."

At that moment, the stewardess appeared and turned off the call button. "Can I get you anything?" she asked.

"Do you have any Tylenol or Advil? My girlfriend has a headache," Leo asked easily.

"Sure, I'll be right back," the stewardess answered.

Mia was blushing again when Leo turned back to look at her. Did he even notice what he had just said?

"I guess I should ask you formally this time...to avoid any confusion later," he winked at her. He paused for a moment. "Will you be my beautiful and ever blushing girlfriend?"

She laughed. Just how many shades of red was she? "Yes, I will," she immediately said, and then leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

"Hmm, never knew how simple that could be," he said with a huge smile. He kissed her tenderly on the lips, and continued to trail kisses down her neck. Mia instantly felt her heartbeat accelerate and tried to contain her deeper breaths.