Chapter 15

The wind blew softly, like a hand of a loving mother to her child. At least, that's how Paul felt; another presence was outside with him, even though he was alone. How could he possibly say it was anyone other than his own mother, letting him know everything would be okay. He and John would be okay. Jules would be okay. They had enough bad luck between them. It was time for something good.

"Hey. What're you doing out here? I woke up and you weren't there."

Paul turned around at the sound of his soon-to-be-husband's voice and then back towards the yard. "Just thinking is all."

"Not getting cold-feet, are ye, love?" John joked, wrapping his arms around Paul's waist from behind.

Paul snorted. "Oh, yeah. I've decided to leave you at the altar for Ringo."

"That means I'm stuck with George. How could you do that to me?" John played along. "Send us a postcard."

McCartney laughed, his smile reaching to his eyes. "Sure thing. Speaking of traveling...I suppose you won't tell me where we're going on our honeymoon?"

"Nope."

"Worth a shot. Not even a hint?"

"Sorry, Paulie. Can't spoil your dinner with dessert." John replied with a wink.

"Nice metaphor." Paul head John chuckle and then fall silent, perhaps feeling the same thing Paul felt not a moment before.

"This is really happening." John said after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"This is happening."

"I should've probably stayed with Geo and Rings tonight."

Paul twisted himself around in John's arms. "Why?"

"They tell you not to look at the bride before the wedding."

"Piss off." Paul slapped his chest and then went in for a kiss which John accepted without hesitating. "Let's go back to bed. We'll get plenty of this later."

"Right you are Macca, love. Right you are."

~~~~

"Are you sure the cake will be here? I'm concerned about a miscommunication. What if they bring it to the wrong place? What i – ."

"Brian has had a terrible influence on you Paul. Calm down, alright?" Jax placed a firm hand on his son's shoulder. "The cake will be here. Tell me you don't think Brian double checked everything you two planned?"

Paul huffed in amusement. "You're right. I'm just so bloody nervous and it doesn't help that I'm expecting the worst to happen, like any moment, I'll wake up in a hospital, seventeen and frightened, my father..." He paused, unable to finish and tears threatening at the corner of his eyes.

Jax laid soft hands on Paul's cheeks. "This is real...Peanut."

With a playful shove, Paul knocked off the hands on his face. "Oh, God. You know most people use those endearing terms for children, right? Please don't ever tell John you call me that. I'll never hear the end of it."

"Oh? You don't like that one? Then how about – ."

"No! Please anything but that one. Daaaaddd."

"My little stinker-winker-bear!" Jax drew heavy on his American accent, pulling Paul into a smothering hug.

"Dot taunted me for two weeks after you called me that! I beg you to not tell John any of this."

Jax's smile was mischievous and Paul did. Not. Like it. He opened his mouth to question when a snort sounded from behind him.