Chapter Thirty Nine - I Would Do It All Over Again

Kid

I held her hand tightly in mine as I watched her sleep still unconscious, still needing help breathing, still almost dead, still alive.

I gently caressed her cheek lovingly. Paige was on the other side of her, I of course had to explain to her what had happened. I didn't tell her what I did though.

Paige had her other hand when I heard the door open. I didn't look behind me not caring who was there.

"Paige, may I speak with my son for a minute or so?" Said a cartoonish voice. Father.

Paige looked up and gulped. She looked back at (Your Name), I knew she didn't want to leave her.

My father knew as well. "Don't worry, I'll kill anyone who touches her immediately." He said giving her thumbs up. She smiled a little sadly and nodded. She walked out of the room silently, closing the door.

My father came over and went to the other side of her. He sighed and said "So... did you do what I think you did to her? Because she wouldn't be alive if you didn't."

I nodded and said quietly "I had to. I refused to lose her." I kept my gaze on her.

My father nodded and said in his REAL voice "Kid, you shouldn't have-"

"I don't care father. I love her, and I know she loves me. And if in the future she doesn't want to be with me, then I'll live with my mistake. But for right now... she's the most happiest thing in my dark, boring life. She's the light that saved me from nonexistence. Without her I would have become absolutely nothing. She's the only thing I love that's not symmetrical..."

My father looked at me and sighed. He went over to me and kneeled down. He starred at me, I think. I couldn't really tell with the whole mask on.

I reached out and took his mask off and threw it on the floor like it was nothing. Like he wasn't Lord Death.

I looked into his blood red eyes curiously. He looked back into my golden ones. A simple smile played onto his features.

"I can see you truly love her Kiddo. I don't agree with your decision fully but at least your happy." He smiled at me and then said "How cute! Ever since you were little you'd always throw my mask onto the ground!" He chuckled which sounded weird with his real voice.

I smiled a little for him and nodded. "Thank you father very much. When do you think she'll awaken?"

He looked at her and said "Mmm maybe about another couple days. She'll heal faster I do know that." I nodded and looked at her again.

My little angel.

Father picked up his mask and slipped it back on. "Well Kiddo I should get going now." His cartoonish voice was back.

I nodded and said "Yes you should father. You are after all Lord Death."

He nodded and patted my head annoying me a bit. "Bye bye Kiddo! Hope your girlfriend gets better!" After that he walked out into the hallway calmly.

I looked at (Your Name) and gently squeezed her hand. I loved her so much, that's why I did it. And I wouldn't change any of it for the whole wide world.

A/N: Hey guys I wanted to let you know that the next chapter will be the last one for Phoenix of Death. But don't worry guys because there will be another book, I don't know what I'm gonna call it but the name will be in the next chapter. Anyway I also wanted to ask you guys what you think happened to you? Post in the comments on what you think and whoever is the closest I'll do a shout out for them in the last chapter. PEETA OUT!