Chapter Thirty Six - Fixing A Broken Heart

I do not own Death The Kid, you, nor do I own any Soul Eater characters mentioned in this story. I do however own my OC's such as Paige, Trinity, Sally, Taylor, Dylan, Jenna and DJ.

I don't know how long I stayed in that hallway. I think hours or something like that. But finally Stein came out taking off his gloves which were bloody.

"How is he?" I asks concerned and worried.

He sighed and said "Right now, he's fine but I'll have to keep a eye on him since his pulse is still low and he's not looking to well either. I told he needed rest but he told me he wanted you."

"May I?" I asked hoping the next word that came out of his mouth was yes.

"Yah sure. I'll be in my office. If anything goes wrong with him come get me immediately." I nodded and he seemed satisfied then went back inside probably to tell Kid. He came back out rolling on the back of his chair and ddown the hallway.

I looked at the door and stood up. opened the door and walked in.

I saw Kid laying on the bed with his eyes closed. Maybe he actually fell asleep. But then his eyes fluttered opened and they quickly fell upon me. I quickly went over there and sat on his bed and took his hand in mine gently.

Kid looked at me and smiled. "Hi." He said quietly.

I smiled sadly and said "Hi." I started crying which made Kid want to sit up but I pushed him down gently. "No Kid, stay down. Stein said your weak."

Kid rolled his eyes and sat up anyway. "Stein also likes to dissect little animal's and humans." He pulled me to him and embraced me into a warm hug. He held me tightly and I barried my face into his shoulder as he gently stroked my hair.

"Why are you crying?" Kid asked curiously and sadly.

I sniffled and said "Because...I almost lost you Kid."

Kid kissed my forehead and said "I will never leave you."

I looked up at him and into his warm amber eyes. "I'm sorry..."

He nuzzled my neck and kissed my cheek. "No...I'm sorry." He pulled back and looked down. He looked back at me. Gold clashes with chocolate, sadness swirls in the gold and confusion swarms the chocolate. "Please let me explain."

I understood what he was talking about. I looked down then back up and nodded. I couldn't say anything at the moment.

He sighed and began. "I was walking the hallways looking for you because me and my father had a...interesting conversation and I needed you. Your the only that can calm me down. But anyway I turned a corner and saw Maka. I asked her if she knew where you were? Then she just asked me why I was with you, and that me and her should be together and I refused it. I told her that I didn't love her, that I love you. She pushed me against a wall and...shoved her tongue into my mouth. I tried pushing her off and she was still my friend so I didn't want to hurt her. She wouldn't budge and that's when you came. When I saw you crying I said screw it and shoved Maka to the ground. I didn't want to kiss her..." He looked down.

My lips had parted when he told me this. So I had broken up our love over nothing? I sniffled and looked away. Kid had gotten hurt because of me.

Kid gently took my chin and made me look at him. He looked at me concerned and something else. "Do....do you forgive me?"

I started crying again which was really annoying and nodded quickly. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around his neck and looked at him happily.

He chuckled happily and leaned down and kissed my lips. It was a sweet gentle kiss which was amazing. He pulled back and placed sweet tiny kisses on my neck making me moan. He nuzzled my neck and nibble a little making me squirm. My hand went to the top of his spine and rubbed it. He shivered with pleasure and moaned quietly.

I pulled back and said "You need rest now Kid." He sighed and wasn't thrilled of that idea. I cupped his cheek and gently rubbed it with m thumb. "Please? For me?"

He smiled and kissed my cheeks. Yes I mean cheeks, he had to do it symmetrical. "Fine. But only for you love." I giggled at my nickname he always called me.

"Thank you." I started to get up but Kid grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down.

He grinned and said "But you have to lay with me." I blushed and smiled.

I nodded and scooted so I could have space. I layed down and so did Kid. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. I cuddled into his chest and placed my hand on his heart which was beating strongly, like I had fixed it. He kissed my forehead and whispered "I love you."

I smiled and closed my eyes and said "I love you too Kiddo." He closed his eyes and we both slowly fell asleep.

But not before I quietly thought to myself 'Wait...did I fix his heart?'