Risk

I got up earlier than Hermione and went down to breakfast by myself. I sat down and began to eat some eggs.

"Psst!"

I turned my head to see Seamus.

"I see your alone," he said.

"I see you have no chance with me," I said, taking another bite of eggs.

"I heard Potter's got a thing for Cho Chang, so that leaves you single," Seamus said.

"I heard Potter doesn't like you cause you said he was a liar," I said. "Last time someone called Harry a liar in front of me, they lost a whole lot of hair." I remember when I attacked Lavender. "So leave me alone!"

"Here comes Potter now, must've been with Cho by the look on his face," Seamus said, he stood up and walked out of the hall, my eyes followed him. But landed on Harry when he sat down.

"What did he want?" He asked dreamily.

"Nothing much, he pointed out that I was alone and single," I said. Harry just nodded. "What are you so happy about?"

"Erm . . . Quidditch later," Harry said happily, pulling bacon and eggs towards him.

"You're such a bad liar," I laughed. I stared at him and sighed. I've been sighing a lot lately and I'm running out of them.

"Forgot something," Seamus said, he bent down and reached over me for a piece of bacon. I stared ahead of me which a blank look as he winked at me. "Later, Pennelope -"

"Go away!" I said irritably, pushing him away from me. "Gosh!"

I put my hand on the side of my face to block Seamus's view of my face. I heard footsteps and I know he walked away.

"Spill!" I demanded. "I want to know why you're so happy!" I gripped the front of his robes and yanked him towards me, I stared in his eyes with suspicion. "You're never this happy?"

"It was Cho," Harry said, getting out of my grip, my face went blank. Seamus was right! Calm down, Pennelope!

"Oh," I said. I stood up and brushed my robes off.

"I'm going to take Ron doesn't o the Quidditch field for practice," Harry said.

"Why are you telling me?" I asked. "And I think that's really stupid of you! You have a while stack of homework upstairs, you should be ashamed of yourself."

I turned on my heel and left Harry sitting alone.

"I hate Cho!" I hissed. I turned a corner and bumped into . . . Cho! I stared at her in shock, I swear I jinxed myself. "What the hel - get out of my way!" I growled.

"Excuse me - oh, it's you, Pennelope Jone," Cho said, glaring at me. "You think you're so tough! Hitting people and bullying them! I know you're only doing it to impress Harry, but let me tell you! It's not working!"

"How do you know?" I snapped.

"Because, I see the way he looks at you, and I see the way he looks at me, I'm sweet, your rude. I'm beautiful, your not. I actually have something going on with Harry, you don't. Harry likes me, and not you," Cho said. "You really have changed, haven't you? Harry liked the young you, the nice and studious young girl, now look at you. You still are studious, but your rude. Harry doesn't like rude."

With that, she walked past me, hitting me in the shoulder. I stumbled back and stared at the blank wall. Harry always was nicer when I was little, he did care for me more when I was little.

Maybe I am to tough, maybe I need to go back to my old self, I don't know what happened to me, I don't know why I'm acting like this . . . But it needs to stop, no more bad girl me.