Preface

Jesse-

Dear Diary...as cliche and annoying as it is to have to write down all my thoughts and feelings down on a page, it seems that this will be becoming a routine from now on. 

Even though I don't want to, my psychologist thinks it will be good for me. And my family agrees with this, and is forcing me to take up this meaningless activity. My psychologists, she figures if I can't talk about my inner thoughts and feelings out loud-then the best way to do it is to write them down instead.

Honestly, I have never been much of a writer...but here goes nothing as I don't intend to have anyone read this. I guess I should start with why I'm writing in diary in the first place or seeing a shrink for that matter... August 28th-is an important date that has been incinerated into my brain-and the start of this all.  

It's not a day that I would like to remember or talk about. Why? You're probably asking at this point? Well...it's day when my life fell apart-er-more specifically when I lost everything. 

I wouldn't have said that I had the perfect life till now. I had so many friends, loving parents and the perfect boyfriend. And so many things that I had wanted to do...like;  being the next runner up this year for cheer-leading captain...none of which will happen now. As I don't seem to have the desire to become the captain much less continue cheer leading as of now. 

My life at one moment had seemed perfect, but all it takes is a split second and your world can come crashing down. Now, I'm not the girl I once was...the girl that was perfect. Was popular, had a hot boyfriend on the football team...as life had just seemed to be passing by without a worry or a care in the world.  

Until that night changed my entire life forever. 

There were three things that were clear to me at that moment. One, my parents were murdered, the worse bit of it I had witnessed the entire thing. Two, my family is forcing me to see a shrink because they think I'm crazy. And thirdly, I honestly, I wouldn't blame them for thinking that but I know what I saw that night-the whole thing is crazy I know.  

But no matter how many times I play it out all in my head, I can't find a logical answer for what I saw and witnessed that night in front of my eyes.  And now on top of that I am starting to see things...strange things happening. Things that I can't even begin to explain; much less comprehend. And I can't talk about this to anyone, they wouldn't believe me anyway. 

They'd believe that my parents death was too much for me to handle, and that now I have lost my mind. But I can't seem to shake the feeling that what I'm seeing seems real...somehow or someway. Could I sound any less sane?

Alright so maybe I am crazy, but I am not a liar. Despite how scared I am, I feel compelled to go deeper...to uncover the truth. To find answers, to understand what happened that night. However, I fear that once I open this door-and look for answers there will be no closing it. Ever. 

    Jesse's life was as ordinary as ordinary could be. Living with her family in Salem, Massachusetts she has considered herself to have had the perfect life. But that all changes after one night that would go down in history as the one of worst nights in her entire life.

Jesse believes her parents were murdered. But her claims fall on deaf ears, as no one believes her. Even after the accident, she has never fully gotten over it. It starts to affect her health, she seems stuck on a never ending loop. Her belief that her parents death was no accident, has many questioning her sanity. Police and investigators have confirmed that her parents death was the cause of the car accident not murder. Doctors have continued to tell her grandparents that she is unstable and suffering from trauma due to witnessing her parents death. 

Her grandmother Edith, decides to get involved and sends Jesse to a shrink in hopes that she will be cured and return home the same as she once had been before the death of her parents. 

As Jesse continues to struggle with her inner conflict and self-blame for her parents death. She becomes drawn to her childhood friend and neighbor Christian Richardson. At first she believes it's due to his physical transformation and her new found attraction towards him. But she starts to notice little things...strange things like before. 

After Christian saves Jesse's life, when she tries to drown herself at the Marina. She is convinced that something isn't right, as she investigates the chains that she had used to attach herself to a anchor to drown herself. She notices that the chains are melted and becomes suspicious as there is no way that he could have gotten them off her without drowning himself. 

What sinister secrets will Jesse learn about her small town of Salem Massachusetts? What of her parents death? Was it really an accident or is there more to it? And who exactly is Christian Richardson and what is he hiding? 

Jesse Smith retold Series Coming soon this coming soon!