Chapter 17 | Bloodshed

Start from the beginning

she is our mate.

Yes, she is.

No matter how much I wanted Ava to be my mate she isn't, and I now I have the mate I waited for and I refuse to accept her.

I tried to kill her out of rage and she still tried to come closer..when I noticed that she might have left..I couldn't let her go.

I should have waited, but the words rolled off without a warning.

"I, Jake Anderson accept you Lily kim as my mate" her eyes went wide, she smiled at me. She was about to say something but was cut off by a threatening growel.

The sound of paws pounding the forest ground coming near, her lips pressed in a straight line, frowning she walked towards the sound.

"You will pay" she muttered under her breath.

She sprinted, I followed her. I know she said that I can't link Zaire and interrupt them but he is the Alpha and has a right to know that his pack might be in danger.

*Zaire, there are some rogues problems near the border, Lily and I have it under control*

I cut it off before he could respond.

We stood before the group of rouges, they visibly had the majority, around twenty wolves.

"You don't have to help me, I can handle it" she offered " There is no way I'd let you fight them alone, I am the beta of the pack and take responsibility"

"You can admit that you are worried about me"

"...No I am not"

The rouges growled threateningly, sprinting towards us, Lily's eyes glowed silver before she started her attack.

I shifted in my wolf ready to attack, Aether wanted to take full control and kill anyone who wants to hurt her.

A black wolf which was smaller than me sprinted towards me with 5 others near behind him. With my sharp fangs I aimed for their throat which is a direct kill. The next tried to  jump on me, I easily dodged and once  more aimed for the throat, there are too many of them, I can't lose time by fooling around.

I saw that Lily was handeling the last one, she is still in her human form..and takes them down easily her skills are incredibly advanced...she might even be able to take down the Alpha.

My fur was damp with all the blood, she didn't look better, I slowly walked to her still in my wolf form. Her eyes once more glowing silver, her posture stiff. Her eyes soften at my closeness, she reached her hand for my ears, lightly caressing my dark grey fur. Her claws now gone she kneeled down holding my head between her hands playing with my fur, her touch soothing me I let a purr of appreciation out. She put her forehead on mine, her breath steady but her hands trembling.

Her eyes were closed, tears started to roll down her cheeks, the second time I've seen her cry, but this time out of happiness, I had the urge to shift and take her into my arms and never let her go.

"...Do you really accept me?" A sob escaping her lips the tears now running down uncontrollably.

"I am a tainted soul, forgiveness and ruth is the last thing I deserve let alone a mate who accepts me... fate must hate you if it paired you with me" she chuckled the last part "The only thing you really know about me is that I am your mate"

My heart tightened at her words, ..that is my fault, I rejected her.

She stood up wiping her tears away, I was about to shift and ask her for a chance, a chance to be mates but...