Chapter Forty-eight

Start from the beginning

Everyone gasps in horror.

"Oh my gosh!" I cry. I immediately run to get down the court.

"Melissa?" Toni shouts grabbing my arm. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to stop them."

"You can't stop them!"

"I don't care." I pull my arm away and run down the court as fast as I could. I don't know how to stop them but all I know is that I should stop them in any way I could. I rush to the court, and when I reach there, I could see that a few people are holding them both, restraining them to prevent them from clashing once more.

Alexander has a wound on his cheek while blood is dripping down his lips. There is also that bruise from last night on his right eye. Zac on the other hand can barely see from the blood dripping from his brows. I am getting light headed just by looking at these two bloody figures in front of me.

"Know your place and don't step into someone else's property!" Zac shouts. "Don't make a move on my girl because she's mine!"

"Yes she's your girlfriend but how sure are you that you are the one that she is inlove with? You're maybe her boyfriend, but for how long?" Alexander smiles teasingly provoking Zac.

"Fucker!" Zac violently shakes off the people that are keeping him away from Alexander but he fails.

"Hey stop that!" Coach Nick, RU's head coach exclaims authoritatively making not only the two of them silent but also everyone. "Whatever your problems outside the court don't bring it in! This is a basketball game not a boxing match! We're only playing a sport and not trying to kill someone. Where is your sportsmanship, boys?" He turns to Zac and gives him a cold gaze. "I'm so disappointed in you."

Zac's looks softens. He looks so down all of a sudden. His team mates set him free as he walks away from the court. He stops when our eyes meet but he looks away and walks pass me. He is looking at me coldly and it brings shivers down my spine. He looks at me like he doesn't know me – no, he looks at me like he detests me.

I was staring at him until I could not see him anymore.

He hates me.

"Your boyfriend needs you." Alexander says, standing behind me. It surprises me how he's just there all of a sudden. "I think you should go after him."

I turn around and look up to him. "Are you sure? Is it okay with you?"

"Actually no." He answers honestly while wiping away the blood on his lips. "But I am the bad guy here. I should be the one hated and not you. Everyone knows that he is your boyfriend so it's just right to go after him. You should talk to him. This might be the right time you are waiting for." He smiles bitterly.

I stare at him for a couple of seconds, trying to read him. His expression doesn't change, still standing firm to what he just said. "Thank you." I immediately run to where Zac went. It takes a while before I find him in the parking lot as he is about to get inside his car. "Zac!" I call him out.

He raises his head to look at me but just like what he did a while ago, he looks away and continues on what he is doing like as if he did not hear anything at all. Before he could entirely get into his car, I pull his arm.

"Let's talk please." I beg.

"About what?" He asks, beaming me with cold gazes.

"Us." I say in shaking voice. "You just went away last night before I could even explain myself properly."

"Explain yourself properly?" He laughs sarcastically. "You cannot even answer my questions! I am not dumb, Melissa. I know something is going on. So what do you want to tell me?" He stares at me, waiting for how I would respond, but I remain silent. What could I say to that? I am guilty. He's right something is really going on. I'm definitely cheating on him right now. "See? You could not even give me a proper explanation."

He brushes off my hand but I grip it harder. "Zac listen." I clear my thoughts and raise my head to meet his gaze. I could feel my heart beating so hard almost reaping my chest apart. It hurts a lot. "I don't want it to end up this way. I am really happy with you. You did nothing wrong – "

"Enough." He cuts me off. "That's enough. I don't care what you did, I won't ask for an explanation so you don't need to say anything." His voice trembles. His expression is still the same but there is a hint of fear present on it. "I forgive you so please just don't continue what you are about to say. I'm begging you." His voice shakes as he bites his bottom lip. I could see water forming on his eyes. "We'll be okay. We'll be fine. Just don't say a word."

"Zac."

He pulls me and hugs me tightly. "Shut up. Please. Don't continue your break up speech because I won't allow you to break up with me. We will be fine. We will get through this."