Chapter Forty-seven

Start from the beginning

Alexander is sitting next to me on a coach in the deck, looking on the blue sea. He looks so peaceful and handsome that I can't get my eyes off of him. To be able to be with him for the whole day, caring about nothing else but us is like a dream. I feel like floating. I am so happy – well after all, my happy place is beside this man.

I tilt my head and look at him deeper. He is really there. I can't believe this is really happening. We've been through a lot. I was just a nobody admiring him from afar before but now I'm here with him as his girl. I reach for his hand and squeeze it tight.

"What?" He asks. I just shake my head as I continue to look deeply at him. He brushes his face with his free hand. "Is there something on my face?"

"No." I chuckle.

"Really? Then why are you looking at me like that?"

"Is it strange?"

"Not really. It just makes me kind of uncomfortable."

"Awe, you're so cute." I reach for his face and pinch his cheek. He cries in pain but I act like I don't hear it. "Thank you for bringing me here. I really like it." I state after releasing his cheeks.

A smile breaks his face. "I'm glad to hear that."

"I have something to ask."

"Okay. What is it?" His says raising a curious eyebrow.

"Dominic told me that you were the one who convinced the executives to send me as the representative of our university to the pageant. How true is that?"

He sighs and looks away. "I told him not to tell you about that."

"So it's true. Why did you do that?" I already knew it was him. I only want to hear him say it.

"I was guilty for what I did to you at the La Vista and also about the bashing. I blame myself for all of that. If only I was not an ass whole that time it would not happen to you." He answers without even looking at me. "So yeah, I was guilty and I thought doing that would be the best thing for you and I was right. Just look at you now."

"What if I didn't win? All your hard works won't pay off."

"I knew you'd win, I had no doubt on that." He says and turns to look at me. "Now, it's my time to you ask a question."

"Okay." I chuckle.

"I was invited to the annual party for basketball players which his happening a week from now. Could you be my date?" He says hopefully.

My smile fades. I am truly happy that he asked me about it but there is a big problem. "I-is it the Lorenzo's Ball?"

"Yeah. How did you know about it?"

My heart aches. I let my arms drop to my sides as I look down.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks worriedly. He cups my face and lifts it. "What's wrong?"

"Alexander." I remove his hands from my face. "I-I'm..." I can't find my voice. I clear my throat. "I'm going there with Zac." I state unable to look at him.

He is unable to respond for a long while until I hear him sigh. "I see." He says bitterly. He suddenly pulls me and embraces me in his arms. He buries his face in my hair and squeezes me tighter, like he is afraid that I might go somewhere else. "When are you breaking up with him?" He utter softly, just enough for me to hear it.

"Alexander." I chew my lips close my eyes. I try to push myself away from him but he is just too strong for me. "It's not that simple."

"Look at me." He demands lightly pushing me away from him but his hands are still on my shoulders. I remain looking down pretending not to hear what he said. "I said look at me!" He raises his voice, making me flinch. His voice terrifies me. It's full of anger but at the same time it sounded like he was the one who is scared. Slowly, I raise my head and meet his gaze. He squeezes my shoulders tighter. "It's me that you love, right?"