"Elise, what are you up to?" He called out, his voice echoing against the tiles in the now silent room. One step, two step, three step and he moved quicker to where the shower I had been in was. Sprinting, I ran out of the door and into the corridor. I could hear Chris and Jodie talking and laughing up ahead, probably back in the meeting room and I quickly went into the first door I came across. This office still had a large oak desk by the window and the padded leather chair sat proudly behind it. It all looked expensive and for the first time I wondered what this place had actually been.

Outside the room, heavy footsteps ran up and down. Chris and Jodie kept calling my name and I moved the chair to sit behind the door before trying to move the blinds quietly to get the window open. It was nearly nightfall, with the sun only a faint glow in the sky now and if I took off into the dark, I could stand a chance at getting away. Instead, the chair went flying across the room as Zane broke down the door and the trio poured into the room.

"Oh hey guys! Just admiring the view from here, lovely isn't it?" I smiled innocently and as Zane stormed towards me I was ready this time. Anticipating each move, Chris yelled at us to stop.

Shame we weren't listening.

It didn't take long before I realized just how good Zane is. He was older and clearly had a lot of experience behind him. Shame he didn't see the tiny mistake he made and the second he pinned me down, I managed to keep my knee up and pushing against his lower abdomen -managed to get him up and over me, rolling with him so now I was the one pining him down.

"I heard you like to be on top, so this shouldn't surprise me!" he smirked. As his words sunk in I let his wrist go and slapped him. Hard.

"I don't know what you've been told about me, but you have no right-"

We all froze as the feeling of something supernatural sent alarm bells off in our minds. Jodie held her breath as she reached out for Chris's hand. I turned to look out the window as Zane quickly got up behind me. The row of vampires split up, moving to surround the building.

"CJ - kill the lights, Jodie get the bag, do exactly as I tell you!" Zane barked out his orders and sure enough the duo split, running to do as he instructed. He was the Slayer after all, making this his field of expertise. I followed, watching as Jodie pulled out a large duffel bag from the meeting room and with a zap, the few lights that were on turned off.

I nearly screamed as Zane grabbed my wrist, dragging me with him despite my protests. "Try anything and I don't give a fuck who you are - I'll let the blood suckers have you for dinner!"

I manage to pull my arm free and my anger is burning within my chest. They chose a perfect time to attack because I needed a release for it. So when I was given a couple of wooden stakes and everyone else got actual weapons, I didn't get a chance to protest when the vampires smashed the glass of the front door. Somewhere to our right, more glass was breaking - probably windows and the thumping sounds on the roof told us we really were surrounded.

"Give us the girl." Someone called out and all eyes turned to me accusingly.

"They could mean her!" I whispered harshly, pointing at Jodie as I got a good grip of the stakes.

"Let us deal with this!" Zane didn't lower his voice, storming towards the door Jodie followed while Chris only looked at me sadly.

"We're trying to keep you safe, please just try and trust us!" Chris begged, running after the others and he shut the door. In seconds I had opened it and turning left, ran back towards the room they had kept me in. Zane said to let them deal with it, and with this distraction I should be able to get away without being noticed.