Final Note

Well, that nightmare is over... and none too soon. Thank you all for reading, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed!

If you liked this book and/or you want to see the final version, I recommend you check out my official game novel, just titled Luigi's Mansion. It is definitely better work than this little project was, and much longer, too: this book was just a week project, and the full version took me over a year to write. So if you're missing all the in-betweens, feel free to check it out. And maybe you'll even be surprised :)

So yes, this book was mostly written for those of you already existing fans of the game, but if you've never seen the beta (or played Luigi's Mansion, for that matter) I strongly recommend you check it out! True, the beta feels like a game we never got to play, but we do have the final, and it is absolutely wonderful anyway. So go play it!

So now I will make this truly complete by showing you all the official beta trailer (above). It shows some but not nearly all of the beta elements, so if you are interested, look it up! There is so much cool and creepy stuff people have found in the game's files and more.

Now of course I made up some of the stuff in the story, as the beta will forever be a mystery... For example, we're not really sure if Mario was going to be playable, or there was really going to be a safari room hunter boss... but it's fun to imagine. And no, I do not have time or room to go into every single beta element here. But there are some surviving even in the final game, so for those of you who've played it, consider this:

Take a good look at the sepia-toned picture on the pause menu. Look familiar now? Or should I say, different??

Also one last thing I should probably address is the final game's title screen. Apparently they designed it pretty early on, so the Mansion image we see on the game's title...

 Apparently they designed it pretty early on, so the Mansion image we see on the game's title

...is the beta.

Ciao for now, and watch your step!

~ NintendoJedi

~

Daisy, otherwise known as NintendoJedi, is a goofy grammar freak and Nintendo nerd who also has an affinity for art. She is usually found drawing, playing Mario Strikers, or working on yet another fan fiction novel. Shoot her a message anytime for feedback, questions or just to yap about video games!