Thinking...

"Do you think he regrets it?"

"I don't know Bubbles," Lucas replies to my question. "Frankly I don't want to know what goes on inside that man's head. It can't be pretty."

"You go that right. Dad is one sick bastard,"

We fall into a sweet and peaceful silence. Lucas and I wanted some alone time together before he had to leave tomorrow. So while Tate and Hayden ran errands, we sat out on my porch with drinks and talked.

"Are you nervous about becoming Alpha?" Bear asks me.

"I could ask you the same thing," I say with a chuckle and my brother joins me.

"Yeah I suppose. I just can't wait to have the shit head gone, and to be able to see you whenever."

"I agree. It'll be amazing. I can't wait."

"It won't be long now. You'll be alpha in a few days, and then we will be free by this time next week." Lucas says.

I can't help but grin. Life is good.

"Yeah it is!"

I turn to my brother in confusion. "Did I say that outloud?"

He nods and I just shrug my shoulders.

"Tell me about your mate!"

He takes a drink and smiles. "Shai. She's amazing. She's the love of my life, I honestly have no idea what I would do without her. She's my world, I would do anything for her."

"Aww. You're so wiped!"

"Haha. Okay mock me for being romantic and actually telling my feelings for once," Lucas says.

I scoff. "You act like this is the first and only time you've shared your feelings."

He chuckles. "You're right."

"Of course I am. I always am, cause I'm older."

He just gives me a look.

"Okay, fine. I'm right most of the time!" I say with a laugh. We both take a drink. "I wish you didn't have to go back so soon,"

" I feel the same Bubbles. But I'm glad that we got at least this time together. And like I said, we'll be free really soon."

"I like the sound of that," I tell him honestly.

"Honey! I'm home!" A deep and rich voice rings out through the house. I laugh. "I've always wanted to do that," Hayden says as he comes out to the porch.

He gives me a quick kiss and then shakes Lucas' hand.

"Where's Tate?" I ask my mate.

He scratches the back of his neck. "He's unloading the car,"

I nod my head. Hayden sits in a chair next to me.

We all stare out above the trees, watching the sun go down. Tate soon joins us but the silence stays. There's a warmth that comes with these boys. This is what love feels like. It's a feeling that I've only gotten to experience a few times in my life. I've never been this lucky. Or so I thought....

-------

So I've been thinking lately, that this story is almost over. JJ and the twins don't have much left of their story, and I think their times up. I'm open to discussion and willing to hear ideas.